Can we use ONE FCD to book a cruise? Or must we use TWO?

CoolChile

On a recent cruise, Mr CoolChile and I each purchased a Future Cruise Deposit (FCD).

Now we're ready to book another cruise (yup, they "got" me ;) ) but I have a question. (And yes, I can call HAL to ask it but I think I know what the party line would be. This is about sales after all.)

Anyway, I know of people who have used only ONE FCD to book a cruise for two and both people received the applicable SBC (shipboard credit). That part's clear on the "letter" given to us by the Future Cruise Consultant on board. It specifically says the SBC amounts are "pp" (per person).

The situations I have heard about are like this: The person whose name was on the FCD had the $100 deposit applied to their booking and they simply paid the other person's deposit -- also $100 -- by credit card, thus "saving" the other person's FCD for a future booking.

I'd appreciate hearing from those who have done this, especially if you've been able to use only ONE FCD to book for two people.

Note: Same cabin, same booking number. We are not booking directly with HAL.

Many thanks all. Cabin is being held only til tomorrow so I'm looking forward to being educated overnight. :)

It is one FCC for each passenger. You and your DH will need two FCC's to book your cruise. We have booked many, many cruises since this program began and every time we had to use a FCC for him and a FCC for her.

The situations I have heard about are like this: The person whose name was on the FCD had the $100 deposit applied to their booking and they simply paid the other person's deposit -- also $100 -- by credit card, thus "saving" the other person's FCD for a future booking.

This was an error by the person who allowed it. If only one FC deposit was used, the second person should have been charged a full deposit.

Archived