Help please - early into Port Everglades and late out of MIA

amcwaterfalls

Hi everyone, I have looked through previous threads and cant find the exact answer I am looking for so sorry if this has already been answered elsewhere.

We will be at Port Everglades post cruise early morning and our flight home isnt until late evening from MIA. We dont want to do a 'post cruise excursion' or hire a car. We were going to get a cab from the port to MIA and check our bags into the luggage store then get another cab from there to somewhere in Miami to have lunch and pass some time, then get another cab back to MIA in time for our check in desk opening.

I know this will involve a lot of cab fare but we would go nuts with 9 or 10 hours at MIA. Can anyone recommend an area of Miami to go to with some good restaurants for lunch - not fine dining but not chain type if you get what I mean, and also some great shops, where it will also be easy to get a cab back to MIA?

Thanks for any help and/or advice offerred ( even if its only to say we are

crazy and should stay at MIA all day)

You might look into a day pass at one of the hotels in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA. Free airport shuttle from MIA, store your bags, relax by the pool, soak in the hot tub, relax in your room :rolleyes:, and there are dining options within walking distance (we enjoyed great Cuban food at Casa Juan :D). There's also an Italian and Chinese place in the same strip mall, or try 94th Aero Squadron a few blocks the other way for great steaks and seafood. The Homewood Suites even has a free manager's reception M-Thurs afternoons with food, beer and wine. :cool: Not much shopping, but a good option if the hotel has an available room.

Good luck! :)

Archived