Revised packing list

gail811

We have battery operated fan/flashlights that I bought several years ago from QVC. It has saved me many times when I was without power for up to a week because of hurricanes. I think I will be packing two of them for my upcoming B2B. If I can take a photo of it this weekend I'll come back and post it or at least get the name of the company off the box. I searched QVC to see if it is still available from them but it isn't.

I just got back from a cruise myself and can see bringing a couple of things in the future like a flashlight and maybe hand sanitizers and snacks but mostly I wouldn't change anything. You can't plan for everything and the odds are against this happening on your cruise.

Hopefully this is one disaster that never happens again, but the incident on the Splendor started me thinking about comfort items that might have helped make things a little more bearable for those on board. I have seen battery operated phone chargers and I'm sure that would have been helpful keeping phones charged for communicating with family. (buying myself one tomorrow!)Hopefully any cruisers returning from the Splendor will have a list in their heads and may want to share!

Welcome home Splendor cruisers!

Meh, can't plan for every possible issue. I don't think this will change our typical packing list.

Hopefully I have seen battery operated phone chargers and I'm sure that would have been helpful keeping phones charged for communicating with family. (buying myself one tomorrow!)

Problem with those is you have to have a working outlet to charge them once you've charged your phone. I have one by Kensington for my iPhone. I get about a 90% charge off the battery before it's discharged. the hand crank one posted in this thread is a much better idea.

And I always have a headlamp when travelling by plane, train, auto or boat.

We have battery operated fan/flashlights that I bought several years ago from QVC. It has saved me many times when I was without power for up to a week because of hurricanes. I think I will be packing two of them for my upcoming B2B. If I can take a photo of it this weekend I'll come back and post it or at least get the name of the company off the box. I searched QVC to see if it is still available from them but it isn't.

I found the product I am talking about. It is now available at amazon dot com and runs on 6 AA batteries. As I said before, when a hurricane knocks out all power (for up to a week or more) this item comes in handy. Especially when it is dark outside and hot. It is from the Wenzel and called a LED Light/Fan but is now being sold by the Eureka Co. It has made my life more bearable more than once, especially during Hurricanes Gustave, Ike and Ida.

I plan on packing one in my sister's luggage and one in mine. I rather have them available and not use them then need them and not have them.

51RH9BJAWVL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Archived