Revised packing list

gail811

Hopefully this is one disaster that never happens again, but the incident on the Splendor started me thinking about comfort items that might have helped make things a little more bearable for those on board. I have seen battery operated phone chargers and I'm sure that would have been helpful keeping phones charged for communicating with family. (buying myself one tomorrow!)Hopefully any cruisers returning from the Splendor will have a list in their heads and may want to share!

Welcome home Splendor cruisers!

I think that might be a nifty gadget if it's not too expensive. I know that I usually take an interior cabin and I would have been fine with my maglight and touchlights (for getting up at night). I'll continue to take those. I also have a battery powered clock because I like to know what time it is when I wake up (and roll back over to go back to sleep).

Flashlights and batteries...

We always take a couple of "pop up" lights, and DW said from now on we will take a couple of extras.

I always travel with a flashlight. I now have a GE camera that takes 2AA batteries instead of my Olympus that I have to recharge the battery. I also always bring some granola bars and room deoderizer .

But after hearing about the toilets not working for a day, I might just have to pack some Depends or a camp toilet!:D

A week's worth of medication BEYOND the expected date of return. My husband had a kidney transplant several years ago and is also insulin dependent. I always have one or two days extra, but if ever stranded at the ending of a cruise instead of the beginning, he'd be in trouble.

I'm going to triple up on my supply of antibactia wipes. Wonder if there is a solar powered charging device? I would look into one of those. Will look into the battery one also.

We normally take slim jims and nuts anyway, DH gets cranky if he doesn't have a snack on the plane. But 4 days of that?

I always take a flashlight, and will add to my "snack" supply which usually consists of crackers (mostly for the flight) . Maybe granola, raisins, dryed fruit etc.

Oh and an extra book for reading while I chill on my balcony!;)

A week's worth of medication BEYOND the expected date of return.

Now THIS is the really smart suggestion, for any trip!

...and pack it in your carry on. And carry it, for Pete's sake! Don't check it figuring you will see it on the other side/in your room/at the luggage depot/etc. (because you don't really know where your suitcase is going to end up.)

MRE's, oh my! My husband and I were joking about this last night when we read that the US Navy was helping to supply some food items to the Splendor. He has 17 years in the military and said he'd rather starve! LOL We all know that if it came down to it, food is food and I would deal with an MRE IF I HAD to! LOL

Archived