Splendor, Splendor, Splendor Combined Thread

ChaylaT

Thanks Reggierail for posting the Splendor pre sail party, it is reassuring to know that Carnival is positive she will be ready to sail on 2/20. I bet that cruise will have the best service ever, I am not sailing til March 20th.

Glad to be of assistance. :)

I'm confirmed for the 19th. :D

I visited her today down at pier 35... what a grand site.

She's all set to go. They are just taking on more stores and going through some more on-board "drills" with the crew.

Someone asked John Heald what they will do during the sea trials... basically he said they test the boat's ability to do an emergency stop, and they try to make her LIST to one side or the other. He said it's a time to "tape the drawers shut."

But they've already passed all the Coast Guard tests in and out.

She's taking off Wednesday morning and heading to long beach.

We just got off the Splendor today (travel agent night last night) and had a WONDERFUL time. The ship looks absolutely brand new. The crew was soooo enthused to be back (although I did sense a little bit of nerves this morning when we disembarked and all the passengers kept saying "good luck" to the staff. :o

Last night Carnival exceeded my expectations with wonderful entertainment, a superb dinner (best lobster I have had on a ship ever, period!), open bars throughout the ship, lovely and attentive staff and very humbled but enthusiastic suits from Carnival HQ. I really thought the whole night was tasteful in that it wasn't a sales pitch "please sail Carnival again" but rather a let this ship show you what she has sort of eve. DH and I had a blast and have restored faith in this gorgeous ship.

I have lots of pix to upload when we get back home.

Katherine

Catherine, I couldn't find the videos???

Sorry. I have been trying to upload them all night but I keep getting the "file too large" error after about an hour of uploading. UGH. Any ideas on how to compress a video file??? I did add about 10 more pix to the slide show though...

Katherine

who was in the piano bar?

Dunno. It was soooo smoky in there we just walked right past it...

Loved the comedy club though. Gorgeous venue and great acts (3 of them for our night!). Videos uploading right now...

Didn't I read somewhere that the piano bar on Splendor was non-smoking?

Thanks for the wonderful pictures. Only 39 more days until we sail away...

Didn't I read somewhere that the piano bar on Splendor was non-smoking?

Thanks for the wonderful pictures. Only 39 more days until we sail away...

If it is, then the guests sure didn't know it. :eek:

Can anyone tell me which side of the ship is nonsmoking? I thought I read somewhere that the Port side is/or is not??

Thanks! Katherine

If it is, then the guests sure didn't know it. :eek:

Can anyone tell me which side of the ship is nonsmoking? I thought I read somewhere that the Port side is/or is not??

Thanks! Katherine

Darn! I read that it was non smoking, and was really looking forward to it! I hear the guy is outstanding. Bummer.

Do you know if the band Voodoo is still performing?

Thank you for the pics!!! I just showed our kids the OV room, we have two connecting OV rooms....so excited :)

Sure no prob. How did you get connecting rooms? Or do you mean connecting through the balcony?

Thanks. Katherine

Archived