Splendor, Splendor, Splendor Combined Thread

ChaylaT

The story was picked up by a Miami TV station, but is was just a reprint of the original story. Nothing from the LA Times.

So the question, is do they try and continue the cruise or do they come back home?

And John Heald posted on his facebook page that he hoped this would be an "uneventful cruise". Seems every cruise since he has been on the Splendor, something strange happens.

Then why am I looking forward to sailing with him when The Magic comes to Galveston :eek:

That's the ship John Heald is CD for. He stated on Facebook that he hoped this sailing would be a quite, incident free trip, but very few are. Boy was he right !

I read the same thing last night. Poor John. I guess every trip is bound to have somethin happen. :eek:

If they have asked for assisstance from the USCG then they are probably operating at a minimum emergency power. No ac Probably no kitchen. Just minimum lighting , propulsion and the bridge up and running.

More than likely if they are able to navigate they are heading back to home port.:(

If they have asked for assisstance from the USCG then they are probably operating at a minimum emergency power. No ac Probably no kitchen. Just minimum lighting , propulsion and the bridge up and running.

Sounds like an accurate assessment to me.

But isn't this where someone is required to remind that it's all "still better than a day at work"????

More than likely if they are able to navigate they are heading back to home port.:(

Sounds like they only have one emergency generator running which would power some lights and maybe some elevators. Hopefully the toilets.

I'm thinking no propulsion and just drifting. That the A/C is probably off.

I've been on ships that have lost power and there is a eerie, yet peaceful, silence. It is amazing how much noise a cruise ship generates.

I've been on ships that have lost power and there is a eerie, yet peaceful, silence. It is amazing how much noise a cruise ship generates.

I've only experienced that once ever, and you are soooooo right.

And the seas were so calm that there was hardly any sound from waves.

Spoooky.

Archived