Swim Up Bar (Pacific Pearl)

Drelix

What do my fellow cruise critics think of the swim up bar on Pacific Pearl?

My Thoughts it would be good and i would use it what is everyone thoughts?

I quite like that idea! However, i hope the water isnt too deep or atleast there is some seating/floating for those who arent so tall

They call it the "Splash Bar."

I do hope they keep it.

14splashbar.jpg

It does look pretty cool - this was probably addressed a long time ago, but why is OV shutting up shop (obviously not getting enough travellers, etc) but did they ever give reasons?

It does look pretty cool - this was probably addressed a long time ago, but why is OV shutting up shop (obviously not getting enough travellers, etc) but did they ever give reasons?

I really dont know , but OV was the "budget line" set up by P&O, and they now have newer and bigger ships in their fleet , so , I guess they are just moving on.

With the new ships like Ventura, Azura , Arcadia etc, I guess they can sell cabins just as cheap, if not cheaper than OV.

I guess the big question is......will they keep it? Regal Princess also had a swim up bar but P&O got rid of it supposedly to keep the Aussie drunks away:eek:

It is indicated on all the deck plans as still being there and I believe it is also shown on the blog site in the artists impressions. I could be wrong on this though. But they are definitely advertising it.

Definitely nothing to do with getting enough passengers, more the opposite.

The official line is that the ships were becoming too old to run efficiently and that Carnival could maximise profits more from the Australian/NZ markets.

The real, hidden reason was that Carnival UK who own P&O and Ocean Village had spent lots of money on the big ships of Ventura and Azura and can't fill them. Last year P&O prices were up to half that of OV!

Carnival UK are trying to force ex-ov passengers to move to the formal P&O line to make up the numbers. To continue running both lines would mean P&O would not be making as much profit.

As near as 2-3 years ago they were actually looking at expanding the brand with a 3rd ship!! Don't forget OV2 was rebranded as the 2nd ship in 2007!

The swim up bar looks great nice cool drink while you site in nice cool water, and I do hope people get out once and a while to go to the loo:D

:D:D

That reminds me of the old sign for sale at the swimming pool shops.

Welcome to our OOL

Notice theres no "P" in it.

Please see it stays that way.

:p:p:p

:D:D

That reminds me of the old sign for sale at the swimming pool shops.

Welcome to our OOL

Notice theres no "P" in it.

Please see it stays that way.

:p:p:p

they are not that old, they still have those signs at some public pools.

Definitely nothing to do with getting enough passengers, more the opposite.

The official line is that the ships were becoming too old to run efficiently and that Carnival could maximise profits more from the Australian/NZ markets.

The real, hidden reason was that Carnival UK who own P&O and Ocean Village had spent lots of money on the big ships of Ventura and Azura and can't fill them. Last year P&O prices were up to half that of OV!

Carnival UK are trying to force ex-ov passengers to move to the formal P&O line to make up the numbers. To continue running both lines would mean P&O would not be making as much profit.

As near as 2-3 years ago they were actually looking at expanding the brand with a 3rd ship!! Don't forget OV2 was rebranded as the 2nd ship in 2007!

Thanks for making a trip to the AU boards and shedding some light - I was just confused as to why they would transfer to AU and do these renovations/upgrades and not just keep it in the UK.

It is indicated on all the deck plans as still being there and I believe it is also shown on the blog site in the artists impressions. I could be wrong on this though. But they are definitely advertising it.

they confirmed on twitter this morning that its staying - someone must have asked them!

swimbar.JPG.887131e15c0d4c1c92d50a7764f2730c.JPG

I am glad to see everyone is pleased with this idea i was just wondering if Kids would be able to use this bar?

Because it would be annoying if kids where also aloud to use this bar.

I doubt kids will be allowed to because a) the bar serves alcohol, although i am sure they would be allowed to be served a can of softdrink.

There will no doubt be an age restriction to ensure safety (general pool and bar rules)

I am glad to see everyone is pleased with this idea i was just wondering if Kids would be able to use this bar?

Because it would be annoying if kids where also aloud to use this bar.

The pool at the front is the Adults pool.

The bar has sides which are to the deck so people not in the pool and kids can use that to order their cokes/lemonades etc..

Archived