Winter peep shoes

smoothdancer

Well I love peep shoes!! I wear them all summer long.

Shopping today I saw tons of them. I live in a area that has cold winters, snow.

Curious, for the ladies in the cold temps states, do you plan on wearing them through out the winter, thinking with tights kind of stockings?? With so many of them in the stores I am thinking I will see a lot of the ladies wearing them this year.

I've seen that all the time..remember a big spread in Vogue and Jennifer Lopez wore peeps and tights, stockings in all the pics.

It was cold here last week in FLA and I saw plenty of women wearing them..when it dips below 70 here it is COLD..so much for the naysayers that say Floridians never wear hose..LOL..I saw plenty of peeps and boots with tights, hose, etc.

Well I love peep shoes!! I wear them all summer long.

Shopping today I saw tons of them. I live in a area that has cold winters, snow.

Curious, for the ladies in the cold temps states, do you plan on wearing them through out the winter, thinking with tights kind of stockings?? With so many of them in the stores I am thinking I will see a lot of the ladies wearing them this year.

Due to living in the West Indies for many years and wearing sandals I cannot wear closed toed shoes so I wear peep toes all year around! I am always on the lookout for new ones. Being over 70 I do not wear really high heels so if anyone knows of a good source for lower heels/flats please post!:)

B.

I live where it's cold in the winter, and I think the silliest shoe fshion is peep toe boots. When I wear boots, there's a good chance that the streets will be slushy, and there's no way I want wet toes--even if they're in tights!

I live in Wisconsin, so we have cold winters, and I bought a suede pair of peep toe heels and have already worn them this fall with tights. I think you need to look at what style the peep toe shoe is. Some fabrics might be very summery looking and should only be worn in the summer, but something like suede or leather is a fall/winter style shoe, and looks great with tights! :)

I live in Wisconsin, so we have cold winters, and I bought a suede pair of peep toe heels and have already worn them this fall with tights. I think you need to look at what style the peep toe shoe is. Some fabrics might be very summery looking and should only be worn in the summer, but something like suede or leather is a fall/winter style shoe, and looks great with tights! :)

yup, suede or leather style might be good choice.

We have cold winters but I never hesitate to wear peep toe heels during the cold months. I mainly will wear them when we go out to dinner as long as it's not snowing. You will never catch me in flats, except when I go food shopping. I love heels!

• 2 weeks later...

We are doing an Alaska Cruise in August, all of our other cruses have been Caribbean. I have a hard time wearing heals without something on my feet, even some sandals with heals bother me and cause blisters. This sounds like a good option for dinners on casual nights and the land portion, jeans or slacks, peep toes and thin socks. Any opinions?

Mary Lou

Archived