Bringing Booze on board

KenM

Have not been on RC in some time.. Always bring some wine( 2 Bottles ) and a bottle of JD Single Barrel on board. Will I run into any problem.

Going on The Freedom next Sunday

No one knows whether you will run into problems, but Royal Caribbean does not allow this, and is xraying luggage to enforce their policy.

If you don't get your bags delivered to your cabin, go down to Deck 1, and the security force will have you open your bags and hand them your alcohol.

Sometimes they return it at the end of your cruise, and sometimes they don't.

RCI seems to be cracking down more and more on smuggling.

A friend of ours just returned from a Freedom cruise and said they had never seen so much confiscated booze. He got called to the "naughty" room for a "knife", which actually was a comb folded into a silver casing.:rolleyes: Lots of bottles...and rum runners.:)

We just returned from the Explorer 10/28. We were able to smuggle liquor in rum runners, and boxes of wine, cosmos and appletini's. No visits to the naughty room. We had it spread out in our luggage (there were 10 of us so lots of bags)... and none of it was confiscated.

By the way, my husband wore shorts in the dinning room too!! :eek:

KenM: As you have learned no doubt, they do not allow alcohol to be brought aboard. However, with 3000+ pax it is not always found in checked luggage. Many use the rum rummers which are plastic bags designed to disguise alcohol. If you decide to bring it on, then I recommend you use the rum runners. A few are caught but most are not. Put it in your checked luggage. The issue of alcohol being brought onboard is a hotly debated issue on cc but it is done and with success a lot of the time.

Have not been on RC in some time.. Always bring some wine( 2 Bottles ) and a bottle of JD Single Barrel on board. Will I run into any problem.

Going on The Freedom next Sunday

Ken...I got this from the RC website.

Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them.

So, it looks like no. Not even to carry on a couple of bottles of wine, some soft drinks nor water for that matter.

Barbara, you beat me to it! :)

SciFi, I'm just sayin'! :rolleyes: :)

Would they really chuck you off if they found just one rum runner?

Probably not . . . but they could.

[and I recall at least one thread where someone said they were denied boarding -- so apparently it has happened, although I don't recall the amount and I strongly suspect there was some, uhh, discussion involved as well]

Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them.

So, it looks like no. Not even to carry on a couple of bottles of wine, some soft drinks nor water for that matter.

We take juice with us all the time when we board and have never had a problem.

SciFi, I'm just sayin'! :rolleyes: :)

The part in red is relatively new. It used to be that alcoholic beverages in their original bottles would be returned and the stuff in more "creative" packaging would not. Now none of it will be returned, at least that's the new policy. I know it's the case on Mariner as of a couple of weeks ago.

But RCI pretty much never bothers with the other stuff.

Archived