Booking excusions ahead of time

breninbv

Can anyone tell me what happens when you book an excursion and it ends up being a rainy day? Do you get a refund or a credit or are you expected to just suck it up? We're going in late January and so we don't expect to have good weather every day and may decide for that reason not to go on the planned excursion after all. :confused:

Can anyone tell me what happens when you book an excursion and it ends up being a rainy day? Do you get a refund or a credit or are you expected to just suck it up? We're going in late January and so we don't expect to have good weather every day and may decide for that reason not to go on the planned excursion after all. :confused:

As Paul's answer.

But I'm intrigued. :confused:

If you could cancel on account of the weather, what do you propose to do? Spend the day in the ship's library??

Depending where you're bound (Caribbean?), if you're concerned about the weather you can skip pre-booking, & wing-it on foot or with taxis & vans lined-up on the pier. And save money. Then you can take the weather into account when choosing beach/tour/shops/whatever.

But rain in the Caribbean is brief heavy localised warm showers & within an hour you may regret your choice.

John Bull

(from England, where it never rains :rolleyes:)

Our last cruise to Cozumel, all water activities were canceled sue to adverse weather and sea conditions. Translated, that meant all the beaches were closed.

Most just stayed on the ship. My wife and I walked around Cozumel for a few hours, caught a nice lunch, then headed back to the ship.

While that may sound boring, we had a good time. We don't let a little bad weather spoil our vacation :)

Archived