Sailing Regatta is 'Owned' by the Cruise Lines

moondoggie

Just tried to book the STM sailing regatta independently, as I always want the owner/operators of the boats to get more of a 'piece of the pie' rather than have to give up a big chunk in commissions to the cruise line.

Got a response that they were entirely booked by the cruise ships and that it wasn't possible to book independently. Hmmmmm...

Another example of too much control by the cruise lines. Guess I'll rethink this one...

Just tried to book the STM sailing regatta independently, as I always want the owner/operators of the boats to get more of a 'piece of the pie' rather than have to give up a big chunk in commissions to the cruise line.

Got a response that they were entirely booked by the cruise ships and that it wasn't possible to book independently. Hmmmmm...

Another example of too much control by the cruise lines. Guess I'll rethink this one...

Yes, you may pay a little more, but at least the excursion is there and the experience isn't lessened. Sure, the cruise lines get a big chunk out of exclusive use with these vendors, but from a bigger vendor stand point, if you have large operational costs, it helps ensure you'lll get enough regular bookings to run your business, helping to make up for when the "foot traffic" is very ligth with no ships are in port. For small boat operators, this may or may not be a good option. Depends on how many cruisers get sent your way from each line and how much the cruise line takes out of your operational needs.

Archived