Ryndam exercise room

bakerintn

In looking at the deck plans, the room that has the exercise equipment seems to be inside the SPA...does one have to get a Spa access pass (at extra $$) to use the exercise equipment?? If so, what is the cost?

No charge to use the Excercise room or equipment on any HAL ship:)

Joanie

It is not located in the spa area.

It is on the port side -- there are 9 new treadmills -- they just got them in September.

The main equipment is free to use -- treadmills -- weights -- bicycles -- eliptical equipment.

If you want to take classes like yoga, pilates, spinning -- you have to sign up for them -- they are $12 per class. Sometimes there will be a discount if you sign up for so many classes -- just ask.

In looking at the deck plans, the room that has the exercise equipment seems to be inside the SPA...does one have to get a Spa access pass (at extra $$) to use the exercise equipment?? If so, what is the cost?

The only exercise areas I'm familiar with aboard Ryndam are called "Ocean Bar" and "Crow's Nest"...

;)

The only exercise areas I'm familiar with aboard Ryndam are called "Ocean Bar" and "Crow's Nest"...

;)

nothing beats 12 oz Curls!!

Thanks to all of you for the info.

Edited by bakerintn

It is on the port side -- there are 9 new treadmills -- they just got them in September.

The main equipment is free to use -- treadmills -- weights -- bicycles -- eliptical equipment.

If you want to take classes like yoga, pilates, spinning -- you have to sign up for them -- they are $12 per class. Sometimes there will be a discount if you sign up for so many classes -- just ask.

Actually they don't have any elipticals in there. I know for sure since because it's my favorite :D:rolleyes: piece of exercise equipment and they didn't have one for me to use. They have cross trainers which look like elipticals but aren't the same. It's so important to me to have elipticals that it mildly turns me off the Ryndam. It's important to me to keep my exercise regime going during my holidays.

• 3 years later...

You kinda sorta have to walk through the entrance to the spa but it is fully accessible to everyone not just to spa people.

Interesting point about the spa and access.

I bought a pass to the Rainforest on the Disney Magic, akin to the thermal suite. There was a similar set up where you had to go through the spa reception and down the hall where the changing rooms are to access the gym. I saw a gentleman dressed for the gym when I went into the change rooms to put on my bathing suit. Then when I got into the Rainforest he was "asleep" on one of the ceramic loungers. I didn't see the wrist band that identified that you had passed on your room key to reception first...but he had his arm mostly covered in a towel. But he used the whole facilitiy including the two steam rooms, the thermal showers and the sauna and then went out. When I left I was waiting for DH in the spa reception (two large sofas) and I saw him again dressed in gym clothes leave the spa.

Who is to know where you go after you enter the gym...there is another door from the spa area.....

I was never asked to see my wrist band and no spa personnel were ever seen in the Rainforest. Can something similar happen on HAL?