Future Cruise Certificates

Parmstrong83

You pay $100 while on ship toward some Booking in the Future and when you have a Booking number on a future cruise, mail it in to Carnival. They will credit your balance due on the Future Cruise the $100 and also give you an On Board Credit for an amount based on the length of your cruise. On a 7 Day, you get a $100 OBC and therefore double your money. The best deal Carnival gives on anything IMO. You can book your next cruise with a TA or online or PVP, however you want...just send in the Certificate with the new Booking Number on it.

You pay $100 while on ship toward some Booking in the Future and when you have a Booking number on a future cruise, mail it in to Carnival. They will credit your balance due on the Future Cruise the $100 and also give you an On Board Credit for an amount based on the length of your cruise. On a 7 Day, you get a $100 OBC and therefore double your money. The best deal Carnival gives on anything IMO. You can book your next cruise with a TA or online or PVP, however you want...just send in the Certificate with the new Booking Number on it.

I agree it is Carnival's best deal. On a 7 day cruise you get $100.00 OBC for FREE.

Here's another question about the FCCs - I'm planning on buying several of these on our cruise in January. I'm planning a cruise next September and then a B2B maybe Jan 2012. If I book my Sept cruise now can I still apply one of the FCCs to this cruise - or should I wait to book after we get back?

Here's another question about the FCCs - I'm planning on buying several of these on our cruise in January. I'm planning a cruise next September and then a B2B maybe Jan 2012. If I book my Sept cruise now can I still apply one of the FCCs to this cruise - or should I wait to book after we get back?

According to the rules you must use them only for new cruise not for one you already booked.

Sometimes you can get away with using it for a booked cruise and sometimes you cannot.

According to the rules you must use them only for new cruise not for one you already booked.

Sometimes you can get away with using it for a booked cruise and sometimes you cannot.

Thanks for the quick reply - I'd rather play by their rules and get the nice OBC. :rolleyes:

I think the reason for the confusion is the old FCCs did not have the language the new FCCs have, saying they can only be used for cruises you book in the future.

Many of us have the old ones, so the rules are being applied errantically.

Except you have to have the cruise booked before you send in the coupon since you have to have a booking number. Not sure how this works- perhaps they compare dates of purchase of coupon with date of reservation.

Except you have to have the cruise booked before you send in the coupon since you have to have a booking number. Not sure how this works- perhaps they compare dates of purchase of coupon with date of reservation.

How would they know:confused:

The FCCs have a date on them .. easy to compare this date with the booked date... not hard at all.

PS they have to have a date .. how else would they know when they expire?

Your booking number tells them when you booked the cruise and The FCC has a date on it when you got it so they would know.

I just sent mine in today for my cruise next year. When I go on the Liberty in January I will get another one for my next cruise. Its a no Brainer 100 bucks free. Cant beat that.

I understand they are available fleet wide.

Ok, thank you. I thought I had read or heard somewhere that there were certain ships they weren't available on and I thought the Sensation was one of them. I was hoping I was wrong.

Keep in mind that solo passangers only get half the advertised OBC. That along with Carnivals recent change to the single supplement for all cabins to 200% is just another example of Carnivals unequal treatment of its solo passangers. I have used two FCCs and both were applied to cruises that I had already booked prior to purchasing the FCCs.

Sorry if I sound a little naive about this situation... I have often thought about booking another cruise while we were on our current cruise, but didn't realize that these were the benefits of doing so....

I just have one question... The OBC that they give you on your future cruise, can that in turn then be used on that said future cruise, and then applied to another cruise in the future??? Am I making any sense??

Sorry if I sound a little naive about this situation... I have often thought about booking another cruise while we were on our current cruise, but didn't realize that these were the benefits of doing so....

I just have one question... The OBC that they give you on your future cruise, can that in turn then be used on that said future cruise, and then applied to another cruise in the future??? Am I making any sense??

OBC = onboard credit .. onboard credit is money that you spend while on your cruise.

If you dont spend the OBC it cannot be transferred to another cruise or saved in any way. OBC from FCCs is use it or lose it. good for tips or anything else on the cruise.

One more question can you buy them and give them to friends too. Or does the purchaser of the certificate have to use it ?

If you purchase one AND book while you are onboard, they will give you two friends and family certs to get the same OBC if they book the same cruise you book.

.. otherwise no, they are nontransferable.

Archived