Crown C752 & C753

oratheeexplorer

I have seen many comments on different threads about these 2 cabins on the Crown......Caribe752 and Caribe753.....

Are the balconies really larger than all the other Caribe balconies? and more private also? is the inside cabin space the same as other Caribe balcony cabins?

And can anyone tell me if you feel much motion way back there, or if you hear any engine noise, or other noise from anywhere?

Very private balconies, although not completely unobserved. Wonderful wake view, with a little bit to the side. Total balcony footage is about 10 x 10, there are some larger ones on Emerald and Dolphin, but they are deeper, not wider. Cabin space is just like any other balcony cabin.

Noise level is rather quiet, no hallway noise at all. While on the balcony you will hear a steady white noise of the wake, but that is what many people crave on a ship. You will not notice any engine noise over this. You will notice a steady jiggle or vibration from the engines/screws in these aft rooms. It is not bothersome to most folks, but there are some that do not like it. When docking or using the thrusters you will notice a change in the vibration, but IIRC, you do not really hear them as much as feel them.

I have seen many comments on different threads about these 2 cabins on the Crown......Caribe752 and Caribe753.....

Are the balconies really larger than all the other Caribe balconies? and more private also? is the inside cabin space the same as other Caribe balcony cabins?

And can anyone tell me if you feel much motion way back there, or if you hear any engine noise, or other noise from anywhere?

I think they are a tad bigger. They have a curved glass railing.

You hear wake noise, no engine noise.

We felt a wiggle every now and then but no more motion then other cabins.

We recently booked one of these rooms on the Ruby then change our minds. Here's why: I didn't like that the balcony seemed "closed in" based on lots of pictures that I found on the web. It was definitely larger, but seemed almost like another room or an extension of the stateroom. I don't want an enclosed balcony. Just my preference. Secondly, I found a video on youtube that was taken from one of those balconies while the ship was moving. This sounds really weird, but it made me feel ill watching it. I have never had an issue with motion sickness, but I'm telling you that I felt really queezy watching this video. For these reasons, I'm paying a bit more and moving to a balcony that is midship. Good luck with your choice. I know that these rooms are coveted by many. That's why we chose one of them....however further investigation changed our minds.

We recently booked one of these rooms on the Ruby then change our minds. Here's why: I didn't like that the balcony seemed "closed in" based on lots of pictures that I found on the web. It was definitely larger, but seemed almost like another room or an extension of the stateroom. I don't want an enclosed balcony. Just my preference. Secondly, I found a video on youtube that was taken from one of those balconies while the ship was moving. This sounds really weird, but it made me feel ill watching it. I have never had an issue with motion sickness, but I'm telling you that I felt really queezy watching this video. For these reasons, I'm paying a bit more and moving to a balcony that is midship. Good luck with your choice. I know that these rooms are coveted by many. That's why we chose one of them....however further investigation changed our minds.

I agree ... We had one of these on the Emerald, but will probably not book another, but for a different reason: there is very little air moving back there, even when the ship is in motion. Loved the view and didn't even mind the long hike to the cabin. But I sorely missed the ocean breeze.

We had this cabin on the Crown for 28 days in July and loved it. Very quiet as it is in its own little hallway next to a suite. Balcony was fine for us. Loved cruising down the ffjords of Norway with views on both sides. It is a long walk tho. Crown is big and the extra deck of cabins really made for a crowded cruise. I would not sail on the Crown again unless the itinerary was extraordinary. It is too big for us.

We had this cabin on the Crown for 28 days in July and loved it. Very quiet as it is in its own little hallway next to a suite. Balcony was fine for us. Loved cruising down the ffjords of Norway with views on both sides. It is a long walk tho. Crown is big and the extra deck of cabins really made for a crowded cruise. I would not sail on the Crown again unless the itinerary was extraordinary. It is too big for us.

We were on the Emerald, which is exactly like the Crown, and loved it!

This will be our 5th cruise on the crown and we had the good luck to book Dolphin 733 last cruise (The same end balcony on dolphin). Now we wouldn't have any other balcony. It was huge, fantastic and I don't even mind being below the other balconies. There wasn't any more or less noise that any other and I didn't notice any difference in the wind either. Very liitle foot traffic going by your door, very few kids running past and talking either. It is the absolute best mini suite on this ship.

Archived