HAL Photo Package

CruiseNut24

Sorry if the answer is out there, did a search but could not find.

Question is about a photo package on HAL. I have seen someone say there is a package for $300.00 where you will get any photo that HAL takes of you. Can someone tell me if there is such a thing and if there is, how does it work? Do you only get the photo you are in or is it a package for the group in your cabin. Asking that, as if I was to take the package, and then have a photo taken of my wife and son only, am I entiled to get this photo as part of the package.

Long question I know, but any clarity on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks for looking and responding (if you do):D

We had this package on the ms Amsterdam this past summer. Basically, you self-identify all the photos of people in your 'cabin' and then collect them and turn them in to the sales desk in the photo shop. They then manually copy the digital files onto a CD for you. The best thing to do is to regularly scan the shop for your photos, so that they're not scrambling at the end to copy all the digital files for you at once.

Once they've copied the digital copies onto the CD, they give you back the originals.

As for cost, I thought it was more like $399.00 but I could be wrong on that. It could also be that it was this price because we were on a 14-day cruise, and like the unlimited laundry service, the price could vary based on the length of the cruise.

We definately took advantage of the programme -getting tons of formal shots plus one of us at every port (and even a few of us on deck...it was an Alaska cruise).

You get both - the CD with the digital copy (plus you get a release) and the originals back - so you get both...

Thanks very much - I was wondering if they gave you a release so you can reproduce off the CD. Will most likely get the package as we spend usually over $180 any way for a handfull of photos.

Thanks again for your response

• 1 year later...
But it was the one that came up when I ran searches. Is this unlimited photo package still available?

We bought it on our March 2012 B2B Panama Canal cruise on the Statendam. It's another not-necessarily-as-advertised item. In the 1st half, we were able to get every picture we were in. On the second half, we could get only one of group photos, e.g., dining companions group, everyone in the pool after the "swim in the canal" event, etc. Had to pay extra ($20-40) for more pix and reason/logic/ethics were useless.

On top of that, we specifically asked the photographer to print 4 copies of the dinner-group photo so each couple could have one. He said yes but didn't print the extra copies - and we ended up with none. So get to the gallery fast to get a copy. (FWIW, I had a feeling he wasn't going to print the extra copies at the time he said he would).

Edited by bcd2010

• 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...
I'm interested in the photo package too!

Was on the Celebrity Constellation this summer and loved the photo package!

Will the HAL photographers be taking photos of pax every night? And on every pier?

Anyone know...?

Anyone know...?

On the cruise I mentioned above, the photographers came around (in the MDR) only on formal nights - they were also set up to take formal portraits in various places leading to the MDR on formal nights and on 1 or 2 non-formal nights. They were at each port taking pictures as we got off the ship (but only for an hour or 2 so don't delay getting off the ship), around the ship during the first few hours as we entered the Panama Canal and at special events on the ship (e.g., at the "swim the Panama Canal" event, sailaway party, etc.). And, of course, as we embarked on the first day.

On past cruises, they went to Captain's receptions and took each passenger's pic with the captain, but not on this cruise, although they may have been at the various receptions, mariner brunches, etc. taking somewhat-candid shots (I don't remember).

Edited by bcd2010

• 1 year later...

We have purchased this package in the past and it works this way: every photo that has any member of your cabin in it is considered to be yours, whether you are alone, or with other folks. It is nice if you are travelling with your family, and you are at different venues and a photographer shows up. For example, DH was at the aft pool with DS, while I was with my DIL attending tea. There were photogs taking photos at both places and we were able to claim both of them.

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

So I too asked this question some months ago and I was directed to the link to the onboard indulgences. Darned if I can find that thread for you. The short of it is if you go into the onboard gifts and indulgences you'll see portrait and activity photo packages. You will also see two destination dvd packages but I have no idea what those are: pictures of you collected on a dvd? Professional photos of each port? Can't say, and can't find a description.

I just checked my booking for June next year, there weren't any full cruise packages listed, just :

1@ 13X10 = $35.95

3@ 10X13 = $99.95

5@ 10X13 =$159.95

3@ 10X7 = $40.95

5@ 10X7 = $61.95

There was also a dvd available @ $31.45, which looks to be pre-recorded and not individualized.

Maybe full cruise packages are only available once you're on board, if available at all.

Hope this helps

Deb

This was what was offered on our trans-Atlantic last fall:

Bronze: Any 5 candid photos plus digital files $99.95

Silver: Any 7 candid photos and 2 portraits plus digital files $199.95

Gold: All your photos taken during this cruise $299.95

Platinum: All your photos plus digital files $399.95

I remember seeing the packages offered when we did our Panama Canal cruise in February, but didn't take one of the promo sheets, as we didn't need them. I hope this helps.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Wow. Those digital files are pricey. By comparison, the sports photographers who attend the volleyball provincials here charge $175 for digital files of three games containing 1500 photos. Granted, they don't have to sort the photos according to each player, just according to each team. So that is less work...