Legend, how to get the extra long balcony?

beach410

You would need 3/4 people in order to book that cabin.

Especially in high season sailing time.

I booked at 18 months to get that cabin-

there are two other cabins right above it that holds 2 people with the same balcony.

If you can change your week-- keep looking until its available

These are cat 8J.

and are listed under the extended tab when looking for cruises using the new carnival site

I've booked 7258 (on Spirit) - the one that sleeps two people and isn't wheelchair accessible. (So, less risk of being booted for someone who actually needs it.)

We booked about five months out via the website. (There's a little trick to seeing more than 10 cabin choices in a category if you're using the old interface and are verrrrry patient and have more than one browser installed, but I've already said too much... ;)) The cabin is an 8K under Carnival.com's old interface but a premium balcony under the new interface; it's probably easier to book such a cabin under the new interface since you're able to narrow down your choices more.

That said, if it's not showing up but you have 10 choices on the screen, I would do as Gayle did and just call. (Heck, just call anyway.) That we were able to get one at just over five months out for a peak season cruise means that there's always hope!

Wouldn't it be nice to have a deck chair instead of the arm chairs on extended balconies/suite balconies? :)

We had a lounge and 4 chairs and 2 tables on ours on the Legend. And I bet if you wanted another lounge and tipped the steward, he would arrange to get you another!;) The lounge was my favorite place later in the afternoon...quiet and relaxing.:)

I am planning our next cruise on the Legend, how do you get those rooms with larger balconies, like 6232 ? I havent noticed them under any of the extended or premium balcony options. Also, how many people do these rooms sleep?

I Just had #6232 and LOVED it!! There were only 2 of us in the cabin but can accomodate up to 4 people with 3 lower beds and 1 drop down bunk. When I booked it the category was 8J but I think Carnival has recategorized it :confused:.

Most of the other "bonus" balconies only sleep 2 and some are handicap accessible so you could be bumped out of it according to Carnival.

I hope you get one as it was spectacular!!

PA230108.JPG

Gina

There's a link to the old booking engine on this thread, post # 6:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1304299&page=2

It's worked on my computer. Just run your search from that page. I'm not sure if the old engine will still have them as 8Js & 8Ks or not.

The long balcony rooms that are handicapped rooms are 5238, 5245, 6234, 6281, 7280, 7303, 8234, & 8239. You could get bumped out of those rooms.

On this pdf, the highlighted rooms are handicapped: http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/cruise_control/pdf/ADASpiritClass.pdf

My friend has 5238 and I was able to nab 5236 - and once we get that divider open - wow - party on our balcony!! (maybe some bowling too? ha ha ha :D)

Hi Froufie:

We had 5236 on the Miracle and loved it! Just asked if it was available when booking and it was. It is narrow but very lllooonnngggg! When we sailed, there was a lounge chair, a small round table and one chair that had an adjustable back.

Enjoy your double super long balcony!

Karen

Those rooms go quick so be prepared to book like 12 months in advance. I tried to get one 8 months before my cruise on the Legend and they were all gone except for handicapped rooms and I didn't want to risk getting bumped. Enjoy if you are able to get one! We're gonna be enjoying our normal extended balcony again and hope to get one of the extra long ones next time. :)

Hi Froufie:

We had 5236 on the Miracle and loved it! Just asked if it was available when booking and it was. It is narrow but very lllooonnngggg! When we sailed, there was a lounge chair, a small round table and one chair that had an adjustable back.

Enjoy your double super long balcony!

Karen

I really plan to ENJOY IT! (anyone for oceanside bowling? ha ha ha :D)

Archived