Port/Excursion Advice please!

vowsatsea

I booked a cruise on Norwegian Jewel for March as a surprise for my husband. I want to have one excursion booked by Christmas when I present the surprise to him.

For Port Canaveral, I was looking at Disney or Universal, but ruled that out because my husband has never been there, and I have, and I know a few hours would not be enough for us. But then I was looking at SeaWorld. Both of us have never been there, so I thought this might be good to do. However, I was looking at the website, and it seems like they have a lot of rides. My husband hates rides, so I don't know if everything else would be worth it. We also wouldn't mind the bus ride there and back. If we didn't book one of these excursions, we really don't know what else to do, as we've never been to Florida, and we're beach people and figured the beaches would be chilly that time of year (end of March/early April).

OR instead of that, we were thinking of Atlantis. The Aquaventure. I know it includes the water rides, but what else? And if it rains, are there still things to do, or will rain ruin the entire excursion?

Any help would be appreciated. I was looking to post this on the Ports of Call board, but didn't see one for Port Canaveral (except the desparture board).

I booked a cruise on Norwegian Jewel for March as a surprise for my husband. I want to have one excursion booked by Christmas when I present the surprise to him.

For Port Canaveral, I was looking at Disney or Universal, but ruled that out because my husband has never been there, and I have, and I know a few hours would not be enough for us. But then I was looking at SeaWorld. Both of us have never been there, so I thought this might be good to do. However, I was looking at the website, and it seems like they have a lot of rides. My husband hates rides, so I don't know if everything else would be worth it. We also wouldn't mind the bus ride there and back. If we didn't book one of these excursions, we really don't know what else to do, as we've never been to Florida, and we're beach people and figured the beaches would be chilly that time of year (end of March/early April).

OR instead of that, we were thinking of Atlantis. The Aquaventure. I know it includes the water rides, but what else? And if it rains, are there still things to do, or will rain ruin the entire excursion?

Any help would be appreciated. I was looking to post this on the Ports of Call board, but didn't see one for Port Canaveral (except the desparture board).

Sea World has alot more to offer than rides. You can spend a day there without even getting close to a ride.

Enjoy

What about doing the Kennedy Space Center when you are in Port Canaveral? It's right nearby (no long bus trip) and it's an extraordinary place; if you haven't been there before and want to do something in PC, that would be my suggestion. There are a couple of different KSC tours that the Jewel offers.

It's a long day to go off to Orlando and, as you said, you don 't get that much time in the parks.

(You will find info about PC as a port [as distinct from an embarkation point] if you search on the Florida departures board, but not all that much. PC is a sorry excuse for a port. It's a bus stop where ships sell expensive bus tours.)

As for Nassau, you really will get the best info if you ask on the Ports of Call board.

That's a great present for your DH, and I hope you have a wonderful cruise!

P.S. Love your screen name. Now I want a hot dog. :-)

I agree with both. KSC is great if your into spaceflight, etc. They have several bus tours. We went on a bus tour and enjoyed all the wildlife the driver pointed out.

Seaworld is my favorite. I live in Orlando and have been there many times. There are so many great shows and wildlife areas to see. Rides are there but I actually only had time to go on one because there is so much to see. What a wonderful present!! I have been on the Jewel three times and never got tired of the ship. Have a wonderful time.!

KSC hands down if husband is the least bit interested in that sort of thing. It is close, reasonable in price and loaded with interesting stuff. The earlier quip about expensive bus rides to more distant tourist traps is on the mark.

KSC would be my choice.

For more ideas, visit the ROLL CALL for your cruise, along with the PORTS OF CALL message boards.

As stated before, there is no Port of Call message board specifically for Port Canaveral as a port of call (and not a departure port), and being as I'm the only one currently on my Roll Call, I doubt that would be much help either :D

Thank you everyone for the suggestions. I will look into the KSC. I think my husband would really enjoy that, and we won't have to waste two hours commuting on a bus.

As stated before, there is no Port of Call message board specifically for Port Canaveral as a port of call (and not a departure port), and being as I'm the only one currently on my Roll Call, I doubt that would be much help either :D

Thank you everyone for the suggestions. I will look into the KSC. I think my husband would really enjoy that, and we won't have to waste two hours commuting on a bus.

Not sure if you tried, but, on the Florida departure board there are threads about excursions.........I used the search feature (click the "posts" button, you get better results) and found some useful threads. HTH

Archived