This is for Steamboats (Carmen)

webfoot

Pat,

Thanks! Of course I´ve seen it already :D! I´d love to see this happen too. But actually I´m not sure what this announcement is about. So far it´s "just another party interested in buying" the Delta Queen. No word about financing and all other problems which have to be faced. The DQ is currently leased out to Leah Ann and Randy Ingram who are doing a great job running her as a hotel. The two have just formed the Delta Queen Preservation Fund. And of course goal of this fund is also to buy the Delta Queen and maybe run her again.

I really want to see the Delta Queen cruising again! But over the last two years I saw and heard of a lot of people showing an interest in buying her. None of them ever came up with the money. Therefore I´m not too optimistic especially as the asking price (4.75 million) is very high.

steamboats

It does seem to be a 'hollow' article .. lots of words but not much in the way of facts. It would be wonderful to see the Delta Queen back and working. We have enjoyed our river cruises in Europe and would like to do a trip along the Mississippi!

I agree that with today's economy $4.75M is a lot of $$ to put into a project like this ... but I do hope it happens!

Archived