They Do It so Well so Why Would They Change it?

sail7seas

I am just not sure why HAL finds the need to copy Princess :confused: I am really wondering if Stein hired someone in Seattle that was a former Princess Exec :rolleyes:

Either that, or Stein was informed by Miami that Princess is more profitable than HAL, Princess' management style has also succeeded in making Cunard profitable, and Seattle needs to do what it takes to emulate that success.

We leave our rooms by 8.30am, and have breakfast in the buffet. No we don't get breakfast served to us in bed, I for one honestly believe that the staff have better things to do on the final day.

john

You should try HAL's Room Service sometime. You may not know what a treat you are missing that is available to everyone on the ship.

Also, you don't have to have it in bed. They're fine about bringing your order to your cabin and finding you up and dressed and quick to open the door for them.

Why does the question re: Room Service deserve such a response?

We leave our rooms by 8.30am, and have breakfast in the buffet.
On HAL we leave our rooms by 8:30 at the latest, have breakfast in the buffet ... and then go back to our rooms to pack our carry-ons and relax to get ready for the trip home. :)

Not too long ago on one of Carnival's ships, they offered a new policy: early embark and passengers were told that although their rooms weren't ready, they could stop by and drop off their carryons, and then go to the Lido and relax. An announcement would be made in the early afternoon when the rooms were cleaned and ready.

But once they got to the room, many passengers opted to take showers, and so the stewards couldn't get in to finish cleaning, change sheets, towels, etc.

The new policy was dropped after only a few months.

Early embark, yes. But no more going to the rooms.

Not too long ago on one of Carnival's ships, they offered a new policy: early embark and passengers were told that although their rooms weren't ready, they could stop by and drop off their carryons, and then go to the Lido and relax. An announcement would be made in the early afternoon when the rooms were cleaned and ready.

But once they got to the room, many passengers opted to take showers, and so the stewards couldn't get in to finish cleaning, change sheets, towels, etc.

The new policy was dropped after only a few months.

Early embark, yes. But no more going to the rooms.

Wow....and this is why things change. A few not so bright people ruin it for everyone.....

We've read here about folks who post "I just want to stop at the cabin and (a) drop off my carryon (b) see what the cabin looks like ©use the restroom - they don't like public restrooms (d) put things in the safe (e) .... fill in the blank.

Everyone 'just wants to' ..... and that puts them in the cabins when the stewards are working as hard as they can to get them clean and ready.

Way too many guests didn't follow instructions as 'they just wanted to'........

I generally sail solo so to me to have my cabin until I leave is really important. I don't have anyone to leave my stuff with should I have to go to the bathroom. In addition, there is usually a long line up for one. To get into my cabin on the first day at 11:30 does nothing for me. Why look at a bare cabin like you say.

You and I think the same way!!!

Even had this problem on a Carnival cruise once. I had to drag all my luggage to a bathroom only lose a half way decent seat only to drag my stuff around to finally leaning against a wall!

On all my HAL sailings, the latest (even with the late disembarkation) that I was leaving is around 9:00 a.m.

You and I think the same way!!!

Even had this problem on a Carnival cruise once. I had to drag all my luggage to a bathroom only lose a half way decent seat only to drag my stuff around to finally leaning against a wall!

On all my HAL sailings, the latest (even with the late disembarkation) that I was leaving is around 9:00 a.m.

If a person with a late disembarkation can get off at 9.00am, what is all the fuss about?

Sorry I forget. Some of you like to sleep in, and breakfast in your cabins.:)

john

If a person with a late disembarkation can get off at 9.00am, what is all the fuss about?

john

:) It's called vacation! ;) Few have those luxuries during their 'regular life'.

I hadn't thought of the difficulties those who travel solo can encounter. Sadly, unless we experience something for ourselves, we don't recognize those realities. I'd be annoyed if I had to give up my seat in public area in order to use the rest room, have to drag all my 'stuff' with me and then not be able to find another suitable place to sit. That does not make for a pleasant end to your cruise.

john

You would still have to be out of your cabin by 8am:confused:. For Canadians many times we have to report to immigration VERY early so I don't EVER get to sleep in on the last day. I'm generally up by 5:30am. Please don't tell me HAL has no control over that as I've sailed on Princess many times and just go through it with the masses. HAL has to make easy things difficult in certain situations. I'd rather not have one more issue adding to the pile.

Archived