What is the best way to book two cabins?

mapman_2004

Hi all,

I like to search the travel webistes myself for cruises and prices. I like the *****ocity one as it is the easiest. Carnival's has improved since the last time i was looking last spring.

What is the best way to search for multiple rooms? Any suggestions? Or is calling Carnival the best?

You will HAVE to call someone to book and have the bookings linked eventually, so why not do it from the start?

Do be aware if you book with a TA you cannot put in for price drops on ES yourself, you will have to use this TA on everything. You give up control. Why would you want to book with a TA who does not discount nor give any perks when you could book direct?

Get yourself a good PVP who will look after your bookings when things come up .. and I know from experience, things always come up eventually .. on some booking you will need help changing it. Ships have been changed on me, insurance, you name it .. you think you dont need service and book a year out .. but life happens.

PS the reason you need to have the bookings linked is if you want to eat dinner together for traditional dining. If not then you could find two cabins and do it on your own with anytime dining.

Get all the info in front of you on the puter....then call an online TA...a big one..one that does loads of business with cruiselines.....any agency you are comfortable with....and talk to a human and if and when you book tell...don't ask...the agent on the phone the following.....

To link the 2 reservations together.......oh, and mention it again...nicely...at least 2 more times before your book....make she they have done this for you.

Get all the info in front of you on the puter....then call an online TA...a big one..one that does loads of business with cruiselines.....any agency you are comfortable with....and talk to a human and if and when you book tell...don't ask...the agent on the phone the following.....

To link the 2 reservations together.......oh, and mention it again...nicely...at least 2 more times before your book....make she they have done this for you.

Just be aware that if you are booking ES that you will always have to go thru this TA who will not be crazy about doing price drops .. many TAs charge for all changes and cancellations, so do ask.

If the TA is not giving you any perks for booking with them.. why give up control of your booking?? Remember if there are problems down the road, Carnival will not talk to you about your booking, you have to always go thru the TA you used.

There are also a lot of TAs who post on CC .. be aware that many who post telling you to find a good TA .. have a axe to grind.

Just be aware that if you are booking ES that you will always have to go thru this TA who will not be crazy about doing price drops .. many TAs charge for all changes and cancellations, so do ask.

If the TA is not giving you any perks for booking with them.. why give up control of your booking?? Remember if there are problems down the road, Carnival will not talk to you about your booking, you have to always go thru the TA you used.

There are also a lot of TAs who post on CC .. be aware that many who post telling you to find a good TA .. have a axe to grind.

i consider a CCL PVP an online TA as well...to the OP..I am not an online TA...I have just gotten excellent deals from them...that CCL refused to match.

i consider a CCL PVP an online TA as well...to the OP..I am not an online TA...I have just gotten excellent deals from them...that CCL refused to match.

Maybe a few little extras if offered but November 1 stopped all the price reductions with online TA. They now can only offer the same price as Carnival.

I picked out the cabins we wanted, had everything open on the computer in front of me and called the 800 number.

When I needed to change to a different date I did the same thing again.

Carnival has assigned us a PVP, but I don't particularly feel the need to use him. I would rather just be able to call at a day and time that's convenient to me (often pretty late into the evening).

So far I've had no problems.

Maybe a few little extras if offered but November 1 stopped all the price reductions with online TA. They now can only offer the same price as Carnival.

but since they do a whole lot more business with CCL than you or I do...they have negotiating power for the little things...like upgrades.

plus......they can book you into a large group.....thus lower prices

or are you actually thinking that all group rates have disappeared? Doubt it

but since they do a whole lot more business with CCL than you or I do...they have negotiating power for the little things...like upgrades.

plus......they can book you into a large group.....thus lower prices

or are you actually thinking that all group rates have disappeared? Doubt it

The problem with group rates is they are almost always higher then ES rates. used to be a deal, but not any more. First crazies was a deal, but not the one last sept even .. ..and that was before the Nov 1st change. ES is what has killed groups .. .. it was the beginning of the end. People want the ES rates and the perks, and you have to buy up to them at best.

The problem with group rates is they are almost always higher then ES rates. used to be a deal, but not any more. First crazies was a deal, but not the one last sept even .. ..and that was before the Nov 1st change. ES is what has killed groups .. .. it was the beginning of the end. People want the ES rates and the perks, and you have to buy up to them at best.

Can you pick the exact OV cabin you want with ES? When I tried it...they only showed me a certain less desirable block of cabins than I wanted.

Doesn't matter because we got a great price on the NCL Jewel..the week after Easter when my kids are off.....

looking forward to trying NCL...then Princess next. for another Med cruise:)...

would stay with CCL but their Med cruises itin are for novices......which is fine...but we want a little more next time

OP, there is a 1-800 number for *****ocity as well, I have called them directly to make specific reservations before. If they are showing a good deal on the website and cabins in the area you want, I wouldn't hesitate to give them a call.

Barry

Can you pick the exact OV cabin you want with ES? When I tried it...they only showed me a certain less desirable block of cabins than I wanted.

ES you can only pick a cabin, no gtys. Online will only show 10 cabins, so if there are 10 showing, then there are more if you call you can pick from.

As far as the post saying to call a online TA .. why would you call and have to deal with a TA who gives no special service and no perks to book thru them that you have to call every time there is a price drop.

Im guessing that poster just hasnt found a good PVP at Carnival yet.

OP, there is a 1-800 number for *****XXX as well, I have called them directly to make specific reservations before. If they are showing a good deal on the website and cabins in the area you want, I wouldn't hesitate to give them a call.

Barry

Its against the rules on CC to mention any TA. The rates if you call Carnival direct will be the same .. why would you want to get the same rates and lose control of your booking and have to call a hard to deal with TA who wouldnt want to process those price drops??

ES you really probably do NOT want to follow advice like this folks .. just my opinion. You can fill out the online form yourself if you book direct .. so many people have posted wishing with ES rates they did not use a TA. No savings only more hassle. .. whats the upside?? none that I can see.

Its against the rules on CC to mention any TA. The rates if you call Carnival direct will be the same .. why would you want to get the same rates and lose control of your booking and have to call a hard to deal with TA who wouldnt want to process those price drops??

ES you really probably do NOT want to follow advice like this folks .. just my opinion. You can fill out the online form yourself if you book direct .. so many people have posted wishing with ES rates they did not use a TA. No savings only more hassle. .. whats the upside?? none that I can see.

I've found a site that gives good onboard credit and drink coupons. Booked my last two with them. It was within the time to get ES rates, so that didn't matter to me. Too bad Carnival doesn't give OBC and drink coupons like this company does.

I've found a site that gives good onboard credit and drink coupons. Booked my last two with them. It was within the time to get ES rates, so that didn't matter to me. Too bad Carnival doesn't give OBC and drink coupons like this company does.

yea that would be nice. I had one that gave OBC but also added fees to do the price drops. Another said $100 OBC, but $100 cancel fee, nope.

when I book something more expensive .. then I will search harder for OBC and perks from a TA.

It is fine and dandy to book direct with Carnival if you will only consider Carnival. Then I concur that a TA may add little value with the actual booking of the cruise.

Where the TA can really make life easier is in presenting options on other cruise lines, making arrangements before and after the cruise, transfers, etc. Although I have never booked air with Carnival, I have read that your flight options can be very limited. Since not everyone is as married to Carnival as many of the posters on this board, learning about the options on lines that I otherwise may not have considered can add significant value. For example, your PVP will not present options on RCL or even Princess, although these may be good choices as well. Different lines cater to different markets, and a good TA will understand your needs before making their recommendations.

As with many things, there are advantages and disadvantages to the choice of how you book your cruise. It is up to you to inform yourself and choose appropriately.

Archived