New Years Eve Celebrations

Tipsy252

Hi can anyone tell me How does the NCL Spirit celebrate New Years? We will be at Cozumel on NYE leaving at 18:00 for a sea day then back to New Orleans on the 2nd Jan. What are the celebrations are likely to be? Will there be a NYE party, or is it likely that the "White Hot Party" will become the NYE event?

What is the dress code for NYE aboard, is it still casual as we were not planning on bringing formal wear for this cruise? If anyone can help regarding these questions, that would be great as it is my first cruise with NCL and Freestyle dining.

Hi can anyone tell me How does the NCL Spirit celebrate New Years? We will be at Cozumel on NYE leaving at 18:00 for a sea day then back to New Orleans on the 2nd Jan. What are the celebrations are likely to be? Will there be a NYE party, or is it likely that the "White Hot Party" will become the NYE event?

What is the dress code for NYE aboard, is it still casual as we were not planning on bringing formal wear for this cruise? If anyone can help regarding these questions, that would be great as it is my first cruise with NCL and Freestyle dining.

I would expect it to be casual, although 'perhaps' a little more dressy-casual.

Essentially there's a small party in the atrium, and another on the top deck.

No fireworks, no formal-wear.

On our last NYE cruise, we basically went to bed about 20 mins after midnight....

We were on the Jewel last year for NYE. There was a big party, great fun. The atmosphere was great. I think more people dressed up than normal but not to a very formal level. If you want to go to a specialty restaurant on NYE be sure to book it early.

We loved our NYE cruise, I'm sure you will too:)

Great place to be on New Year's Eve. We were on the Gem last year. There are different parties all over the ship. The biggest party is poolside. There was a band playing, 2010 ice sculptures, champagne, noise makers and hats for all. The captain counted down to the New Year over the speaker and activated the ship's horn at midnite. Great atmosphere and lot's of fun for all ages. I saw people dressed in everything from tuxedos and gowns to shorts and a t-shirt. Freestyle still applies. This was a very popular week to cruise and the ship was extremely full. Everyone seemed to have a great time and now all other New Year's Eves will seem boring! Have a great trip? Any other questions, let me know. :)

Great place to be on New Year's Eve. We were on the Gem last year. There are different parties all over the ship. The biggest party is poolside. There was a band playing, 2010 ice sculptures, champagne, noise makers and hats for all. The captain counted down to the New Year over the speaker and activated the ship's horn at midnite. Great atmosphere and lot's of fun for all ages. I saw people dressed in everything from tuxedos and gowns to shorts and a t-shirt. Freestyle still applies. This was a very popular week to cruise and the ship was extremely full. Everyone seemed to have a great time and now all other New Year's Eves will seem boring! Have a great trip? Any other questions, let me know. :)

camz sounds like we should have a great night, especially as the next day (Jan 1st) is a sea day ;). Really looking forward to this NYE celebrations, we spent last NYE at Orlando City Walk and the year before we were in Sydney, Australia, on a boat in the harbour, watching all the fireworks - that was really something!

Hope everyone onboard a ship for NYE has a good time.

Archived