Drink coupons

Tao Diva

I have several bar credit coupons and soda drink coupons let over from my Triumph cruise a couple of weeks ago. I don't intend to sail again until I take my daughter on her 21st birthday cruise Nov 2011. The coupons will be just over a year old then.

1. Will they still be valad? And if so...

2. Anything different I should do when using them next year?

I read that a princess cruiser was accused of trying to use a counterfeit coffee card when taking one from a former cruise on a later cruise and i just want to be prepared when I buy my DD her first legal drink and sponsor her in the blackjack tournament!

There is no expiration date on them- You will be able to use them on your next cruise.

I was able to use coupons for three years after I purchased the first set.

I suggest leaving the coupons inside a plastic bag INSIDE your suitcase so you do not misplace them

Hmmm . . . what's the advantage of buying drink coupons vs. putting the charge on your S&S card?

No advantage really- (not anymore) People like pre-paying for stuff on their cruise.

instead of drink coupons I NOW buy a $25.00 funship dollar.

I understood the advantage to buying the coupons to be that you are actually paying less for the drink of the day, or any other cocktail, because the coupon does include gratuity too. The only difference is you don't get the fancy cup. I have coupons from 7 years ago, and I plan to use them on a cruise next month. No expiration date on them and they look the same as the ones for available now. In addition, you are not caught off guard at the end of a cruise with a surprise bar bill! :cool:

You save money on some drinks, like the DOD, but lose money on others, like a beer. We like to buy them as a way to pre-pay for our cruise & since I drink the foo-foo drinks, we do save a little money. But primarily, it's just a way to pre-pay for the cruise.

In my case, taking my husband on his first cruise trying to get him "hooked" I bought the bar and beverage coupons because he is the kind of sweet selfless guy that will demure going to "extra" expense when he already has so much.

by having plenty of coupons on hand, he might as well get what he wants, when he wants since it's already paid for.

It's a small thing that helped him enjoy an indulgent vacation, guilt - free.

It all depends on you (and your travel companion's) psychology. We all do what helps us best enjoy ourselves free of the subconscious "shoulds"

Archived