Driving in St. Croix

FOXTROT

Which side of the road do they drive on in St. Croix? In other words is it American style?

No, it's English-style, on the left. But you will find it much easier to find cars with automatic transmissions than it is in Europe, if that's an issue for you.

Cars are like ours, with the steering wheel on the left side. But they drive on the other side of the road. Kind of of 50/50 split between American and British, I guess is what I would call it? I dunno. To me it would be hard, because you're steering from the "ditch" side of the road, if that makes any sense? Or did I just have too many margs that day? :D nah....

It's on the left British style. From my memory may not as challenging as some other islands as St Croix roades are not as busy as some other islands.

Enjoy your time there. I haven't been there in many, many years but promised myself I would go back one day. I lived there several years ago as i had a boyfriend who was working there. It's a lovely island that you don't hear as much about as others like St Thomas but I truly will always treasure my memories there.

It's on the left British style. From my memory may not as challenging as some other islands as St Croix roades are not as busy as some other islands.

We rented a car there last year, and had no problem driving there whatsoever. Of course you need to be on your game as to staying on the correct side of the road, but the streets are in good shape (unlike the crazy, winding mountain paths on other islands!) It was even raining so hard that they were closing the local schools as we were 'touring' around! I would have no hesitation about feeling comfortable driving there again.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived