All Spinnakers in jeopardy?

mikewrit

I think everyone knows I am a big NCL fan, but I have to laugh about some of the comments in this thread. I believe each of the cruise lines is innovative, and each is a follower. Some here sound like little kids saying my (whatever) is bigger than yours.

As to the retrofit of the Dawn...I have been told by folks in the know, that it is going to happen on the Dawn, that it is going to start at dry dock, that it will be just like the Star, in the work will be on going, while at sea after the dry dock. The new cabins on the Star were not offered for sale until a couple of months after the work was started.

Al

Marie, I wouldn't get too upset yet. Try to book one of the new suites for this summer and you can't. My TA is telling me that the Dawn drydock isn't as long as the Star so she can't see how it is possible to get all that work done in such a short time. NCL is telling her that the Spinaker changes could be delayed until the next drydock but even they weren't sure.:confused:

I hope she is right...like to get a cruise in before it happens. I cannot sail during summer months due to work. I so nice ot have the Dawn here in Boston...but now I do not know.

I think everyone knows I am a big NCL fan, but I have to laugh about some of the comments in this thread. I believe each of the cruise lines is innovative, and each is a follower. Some here sound like little kids saying my (whatever) is bigger than yours.

As to the retrofit of the Dawn...I have been told by folks in the know, that it is going to happen on the Dawn, that it is going to start at dry dock, that it will be just like the Star, in the work will be on going, while at sea after the dry dock. The new cabins on the Star were not offered for sale until a couple of months after the work was started.

Al

I wonder how much that would impact someone's cruise to have construction going on around them:confused: I just wish NCL would be more open about what their plans are and not so secretive.

Archived