Voyager of the Seas arrived in Galveston today for her final season! (11/21/10)

Texas Teen

I don't think Derek knows yet which ship he is on. He is getting married in 2012 but does not yet know which ship.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1313689

I wonder how Mariner's Wig & Gavel Pub compares with the Voyager's Pig & Whistle. Probably close to the same layout I guess.

The Mariner's Pub and the Voyager's Pub are layed out the same. Same location on the ships.

We are going in a PR in a few weeks on the voyager. I am excited, it looks like a great experience. Is there plenty of room?

It actually felt huge compared to the insides we're used to. With the window seat and couch there's lots of room to host a gathering. That area seems to provide more open floor space than other non-suite arrangements. Enjoy!

They used to have 2 ships -- Rhapsody OTS (7 day) and Splendour OTS (4 & 5 day). Plus there was a Celebrity ship for a season (I forget which one). I'm not sure why RCCL says no, but at least we still have one part of the time. I especially miss the Splendour OTS. Our church would do a 5-day cruise each year Monday through Saturday, so we don't have to miss Sunday church. Our only option now for a 5-day cruise from Galveston is the Carnival Ecstasy (to be replaced next year with the Carnival Triumph) -- not bad, but I prefer RCCL.

Galveston doesn't make enough money, it seems that ultimately it boils down to the ability to make MORE money over in Europe...and Goldstein has to max out returns to keep Fain happy, and Fain has to max returns over all brands to keep the board happy...and the board has a fiduciary duty to max return for the investor shareholders...it's a business first and foremost.

Now as a business RCCL being in hospitality, the lines have to keep the pax happy, within reason. Happy pax generally will spend more than folks not having a good time...but of course making pax happy costs money, hence the ongoing threads about cost cutting...Glad I am not in the Miami management team...if I were involved in RCCL management, I'd definitley want to be at the board level...

When Europe is less popular as a cruise destination, I'd expect to see more ships on the Gulf Coast as they spread ships around to home port nearer to the traveling public. With Allure and Oasis and other ships going out of Florida, it is only getting harder and more expensive to fly to that corner of the SE USA...so more ships within driving distance of millions of folks (in Texas) is a probably outcome in the future.

They have not moved up the wedding, but they have moved up the decision as to which ship....Derek will let us know in about 3 months.

Anyone jumping onboard...be sure you stop by and offer congrats!

Then plan on watching him finally say I DO next year!

It was our first PR. We did it as an adjoining cabin. Loved having 2 rooms. We did deck 8. Windows lean out to see down better, at least that's what it seemed to us. There was only one night that we didn't want to watch the parade. The noise didn't last long. There was never really any noise from the neighboring room when the door was shut. It was a good choice. We booked the PR as a 3 cat upgrade promotion. What else would you like to know?

That and later posts are great, thanks.

We've booked the Mariner Rome - Galveston next October and chose a PR, also on 8; seemed like a good compromise between inside & oceanview especially given the price. Thanks:)

Archived