Voyager of the Seas arrived in Galveston today for her final season! (11/21/10)

Texas Teen

I started a new thread because Voyager is in Galveston RIGHT NOW about to depart, and there's very few people talking about it compared to last year! Okay, Voyager was fogged in last year, so people talked about it more, but there was more talk in the days prior to Voyager's arrival last year than there was this year!

Did everyone forget about her arrival today or not know she was coming in today? :confused: Or do not as many people care this year as they did last year?

I saw her! She sure looks pretty! She reminds me of the Freedom class (my first RCCL cruise)! Really missing the Freedom now!

I guess no one else either cares or remembered about her Texas Teen! I watch the Freedom depart at Port Canaveral every Sunday, and now the Voyager too!

i love sailing out of galveston- will sure miss her when she moves to new orleans.

we have a b2b scheduled for feb 6 on the voyager- looking forward to seeing her again.

You won't have to feel any regret..........you are getting Mariner in her place!

I looked at the Galveston Cam but could not see it come in or leave.

what time did it get into port today??

I am very interested as we will sail on that ship come march for a back to back.

would love a copy of the compass once someone sails out of Galveston

I started a new thread because Voyager is in Galveston RIGHT NOW about to depart, and there's very few people talking about it compared to last year! Okay, Voyager was fogged in last year, so people talked about it more, but there was more talk in the days prior to Voyager's arrival last year than there was this year!

Did everyone forget about her arrival today or not know she was coming in today? :confused: Or do not as many people care this year as they did last year?

We are looking forward to Mariner moving to Texas so that we can take another cruise on her. We are already planning on a 2012 cruise out of Galveston on the Mariner! :D

Here are some of the images I saved from the streaming ABC webcam:

2491521790105476688S600x600Q85.jpg

We're GLAD she is back.

We have a B-2-B scheduled soon, on her

for our 5th year in a row....

Thanks for posting these photos of this beautiful ship and, the Galveston sunset.

I was on the Galveston webcam at 7am this morning, but I could not see the Voyager. Something was wrong with the webcam. BUT I saw her leave this evening. It was around 5:45 when she pulled off. I'm sure we will try and sail on the Voyager before she leaves us for good.

But we are getting the Mariner. I also love the Mariner and Texas people will also:D

I actually had forgotten that today was her arrival date, but I knew it at some point. We'll board her nine weeks from today, and are going with three couples who have NEVER BEEN ON A CRUISE! Voyager should be a great one for their "introduction to cruising". :)

Thanks for the pics!

I looked at the Galveston Cam but could not see it come in or leave.

what time did it get into port today??

I am very interested as we will sail on that ship come march for a back to back.

would love a copy of the compass once someone sails out of Galveston

I was on the Galveston webcam at 7am this morning, but I could not see the Voyager. Something was wrong with the webcam. BUT I saw her leave this evening. It was around 5:45 when she pulled off. I'm sure we will try and sail on the Voyager before she leaves us for good.

But we are getting the Mariner. I also love the Mariner and Texas people will also:D

She came in at around 4:30 this morning. (Glad I read that Voyager came in once at 4:00am after one of her Trans-Atlantics, otherwise I would have gotten up at 5:30 and missed her arrival!)

I could only watch her arrival on the Cavalla244.org Webcams since the two Galveston.com cams wern't working, and I didn't know about the streaming ABC 13 webcam at the time!

Here are a couple of pictures:

2613946700105476688S600x600Q85.jpg

2457511410105476688S600x600Q85.jpg

What a great way to celebrate being a CC member for 2 years on the date!

Capt. Bang said we expected us to get in at 4:00 this morning...he never told us we were late! We had a PR for the crossing, so I couldn't tell you when we arrived. I just know we were in our parking spot by breakfast. (The camera that shows the front of the ship wasn't available on the TV most of the time.)

I saw the paramedics running to the probable location and they re-routed the line for privacy. Oh, I hope it's not true about passing away, but I could see EMT people doing chest compressions. And then an ambulance left. It was a vary long line to go through customs if you didn't get a porter. I hope they just got hot and fainted.

There was another ambulance reported for someone that fell down the escalator. It was a rough morning.

why not galveston all year round.

It would be very nice to have it...however as RCCL crunches the numbers it would appear they believe they make more with the ship in Europe over the Summer. They are in it to make money so until Europe cools off and Galveston heats up with higher fares on every cruise etc...

I saw the paramedics running to the probable location and they re-routed the line for privacy. Oh, I hope it's not true about passing away, but I could see EMT people doing chest compressions. And then an ambulance left. It was a vary long line to go through customs if you didn't get a porter. I hope they just got hot and fainted.

There was another ambulance reported for someone that fell down the escalator. It was a rough morning.

About 2:30 in the afternoon, the lines for embarkation were all the way out the door, down the driveway, and almost to the front door of the Carnival terminal. I am attaching pictures. Maybe these unfortunate issues caused that to happen. We came back by at 4:45 and Voyager's muster drill was just ending, so apparently things were not moving as slowly as they appeared to be.

IMAG0074.jpg.c69f77fbf30857265bf8d83c79233876.jpg

IMAG0073.jpg.f1f7bfde8d7b297b9b5e88532b6accbb.jpg

DH and I are very much looking forward to spending Valentine's Day aboard Voyager.
Have you visited our roll call board and signed up for the mix and mingle?

We also have our own web site for this cruise, click the link in my signature.

Hi Rick - tell us what you really think! :D

We will dearly miss our crew that has been so great to us on Voyager these last few years but I can assure my fellow Texans that Mariner will be a lovely lady to sail. We enjoyed her and will be booking the 11/29/11 cruise when on board in only 6 days. YEEHAW!

I'll be happy to post a report on Voyager when we return and will try to give pertinent details on entertainment and activities.

Archived