Can we make an 11:30am flight?

Joyce,

It has been a year now since we have flown out of San Juan after a cruise....

The airport was not organized at all, and we stood in lines for hours to check in. If nothing has changed, this could be very tight.

Hopefully more recent cruisers will respond.

It should not be a problem. My last cruise on the Serenade in April We were off by 7:30 and at AA counter by 7:55 and made a 9:00AM flight. The airport turns into a zoo between 10:00 and 2:00 so you need to get off in the first couple of groups.

Todd

Norway 7/87
Inspration 01/99
Galaxy 01/00
Ocean Princess 10/00
Ocean Princess 12/00
Enchatment of the Seas 04/01
Dawn Princess 10/01
Dawn Princess 12/01 14 days
Explorer of the Seas 08/02
Spirit 01/03
Adventure of the Seas 02/04
Serenade of the Seas 04/04

San Juan is rumored to be incredibly crowded & disorganized especially on Sundays w/ all the cruise ships. We had a late flight & arrived at the AP 3 hours early b/c I was so worried about SJU. They only have 1-2 scanners / metal detectors for 5 cruise ships worth of people to get through to get to their planes. Many people spend up to an hour trying to get through the TSA secruity check point. Yes I think you could make it to the AP on time. I have my doubts about whether you can get through the AP in time.

Trish

Wow Todd,
You were bold to catch a 9:00 flight!! Good for you. I think you are probably correct. We arrived at the airport around 10:00 and that is when it was crazy.

I am one of thoes who does not risk an early flight. The down side is you hang around most of the day just waiting to go home, the upside is it is stress free.

Also, I tend to stay out of the way of the passengers who are trying to catch a flight. Let me growl here a bit..... Even at the end of the cruise I think us less riskly type of people should not request an early embarkment(sp), and give the people with early flights a fighting chance to meet thier flight deadlines.

Janet

You are asking for advice here - a good place - but realize that we can only report how it was when WE were there on specific dates. Sometimes there are no problems. Others can turn into a nightmare. If you want to gamble - go ahead. I don't know if I would be willing to take that big a risk. On cruise-ship days, most if not all seats are sold. Waiting for an open seat may strand you in San Juan. Lots of luck

Work like a dog. Live like a pauper. Save all your money. Then Cruise!
My gif kitties have gone to cyber heaven so that dial up cruisers don't have a problem getting their posts read.

An 11:30 flight is not normally a problem if everything goes as scheduled. Just make sure you get off the ship as soon as any flights are called. Don't wait for yours! Just go. This only works in SJU. You can't do this in MIA because the luggage comes out on airport type conveyers and if you get off before your color is called, your luggage might not be coming out yet. In SJU, all the luggage is set out in a large warehouse and even if you get there before your time, you'll still be able to fing your luggage. I would not hesitate to book this flight. I would not with a Carnival cruise because they are not as fast getting passengers off.

[I][B]
Tropical 9/91
Ecstasy 9/93
Monarch 9/95
Sensation 9/96
Grandeur 9/97
Inspiration 9/98
Enchantment 9/99
Grandeur 9/00
Explorer 3/01
Grand 9/01.........[url="http://cruisereview.homestead.com/GrandPrincessReview.html"]Review!![/url]
Victory 9/02........[url="http://cruisereview.homestead.com/VictoryReview.html"]Review!![/url]
Navigator 3/03....[url="http://cruisereview.homestead.com/CruiseReviews.html"]Review!![/url]
Adventure 9/03....[url="http://cruisereview.homestead.com/AdventureReview.html"]Review!![/url]
Voyager 9/04
Radiance 2/05
Email....Cruisinfanatic@AOL.COM
[/I][/B]

Archived