Should I or Should I Not?

We had some long-time friends who winter here over for dinner last week and they said they wanted to come with us on our cruise in January. We didn't ask them to come with us, they just said they wanted to. I did make sure that we were all seated at the same table and I even signed them up for the Meet & Mingle.

We think it would be fun to cruise with them and, since they have a car big enough for the luggage, they will drive and I'll pay for the parking, which I have already done with EZ Park in Galveston.

This is only their second cruise in a lot of years. They don't have a Crown & Anchor membership. We do.

I have always enjoyed the priority boarding that our C&A status provides.

What are the chances of them going to the priority area with us in Galveston? If they have their Set Sail passes, passports and credit card right there and don't have to fumble and all that, will they be allowed to check in with us?

If they aren't allowed to check in with us, should we go with them to regular boarding or meet them in the Windjammer?

We do board with a wheel chair for my DH, so we might not be able to board together anyway, but we could be in the P/D/D+ area and they might be excluded.

I haven't said anything to them about it. I'm a little perplexed as to what to do. What do y'all think?

I think your friends will be allowed to board with you. I know a family who travels with someone in a wheel chair and they board together (some of them are in different rooms.)

You could always call RCI and ask them.

Have a great cruise.

When we have cruised with friends (3x) who do not receive priority boarding we ask if they are allowed to board with us. We have always received a very pleasent "they sure can" from the person we asked. Not sure what we would have done if they said no:(.

I sailed on Liberty of the Seas as a platinum about a month ago. I was sailing with my friend and this was her first cruise with RCI. Maybe they do things different in Miami but she was not allowed to board with me so I waited until we could both board together.

My husband and I are sailing on Voyager and he is not platinum yet. Wonder what will happen? :rolleyes:

I sailed on Liberty of the Seas as a platinum about a month ago. I was sailing with my friend and this was her first cruise with RCI. Maybe they do things different in Miami but she was not allowed to board with me so I waited until we could both board together.

My husband and I are sailing on Voyager and he is not platinum yet. Wonder what will happen? :rolleyes:

Cindy, as Puff told you, with being married, if one spouse has more credits than the other, then both are recognized at the highest level.

Now, you best make sure that you remind your husband of this throughout the entire cruise.:D

In Miami this month we were there before they opened check in. The first thing they did was call Suites or Diamond, then they called Platinum and then they called everyone else. No one checked if you had a suite or were diamond or anything. Then we all went through the scanners and then there were lines for priority and regular. If you go as a group I don't think anyone will question you at all. I understand people like to board together as a group and I can't see anyone stopping you really.

Archived