Godd , so-so and "Horrible" Halloween Destiny Oct 28 2010

sharecruises

Why are you reposting this all over again? I think most everybody got it, you had a lousy time.

I guess it is because the other posts were ALL deleted without any trace? I do not really believe or agree with OP. But the fact that CC (or should I say CCL?) deletes OP's posts and any posts regarding to OP's posts makes me think otherwise.

Esty, there is nothing wrong with being single, however, I do think you have a flair for being overdramatic LOL!

??? Where and how??

Would you want "used" sauce on your bitter and blanc??

As for the problems...I didn't even elaborate this time <grin> about how confrontations became physical....:eek:

This was simply a pain...trying to deal with the surly and unhelpful workers on the Destiny was a drag

example...the dining rooms have always allowed us a few tables as a singles group for breakfast.....this time ?? talk with supervisor..no ...no ...maybe....finally they allowed it

over and over...

the seating was truly a problem...I still have our "seating chart" from Carnival that was sent to us....10 tables of 8, 2 tables of 10...and when we go there it was nothing like that

I had 12 centerpieces/signs for our tables...BUT instead of the 12 tables I expected I had 5 tables of 8 and ??? umpteen tables of 4, 2, and booths...this made things so complicated from the start

this would be a problem for any group....red hatters, reunion, group of nurses, group of insurance agents, group of Pittsburgh Steeler fans or whatever...groups need large tables

groups should not be forced to allow crashers to join the group

While I do support OP's right of review/complain, I never like those "groups" especially when I saw certain areas on ships were blocked and reserved for some groups.

Hello! We are paying passengers too!

There is a big difference between our sort of group and the Rick Springfield group or some other entertainment groups that take over entertainment at night

our group and others like it....get a lounge on boarding day for a private party...in the afternoon...at 5:30 or so...for one hour....these are our group perks for the amount of people booked (group amenity points)....

and /or we may decide to have a party paid for..just as CC groups will pay the 11.50 or $12 or whatever for a group party with open bar for an hour

Carnival also hosts weddings *(and I don't think Milestone members can crash those?)....and other smaller groups

our group would not impact you in any way....we are not swingers or anything LOL>> we don't even promise matchmaking...or do "speed dating">> it is more about having other (single) people to be with and not having to pay the single supplement , having roommate matching

so how would we affect you?? we do (should) have an area of the dining room and we move around...we just keep the auto tips on and I don't feel it affects the waiters

however this time the waiters were so awful I took the tip for them off :)

I didn't tell others to do so however

Some groups...like the swingers or cougars..maybe a bother to others

and some ...like Music cruises that don't charter the whole ship are more of a bother cause they take up some of the lounges at night

I have to laugh...

only on CC are people sooooo sure they will never be single

I guess none of these people will be widowed or divorced ever

I guess they will go two by two forever

oh yeah...until you read the various threads here about "husband wants a divorce and we have cruise booked"...and "daughters fiancee broke up with her, what to do about cruise booked" or whatever whatever

statistics of this country regarding divorce rates must not apply to those on Cruise Critic

Perfect for Carnival ..they want you on there, 2x2..more money for them

??? Where and how??

Would you want "used" sauce on your bitter and blanc??

Not sure I understand about the "used sause", can you elaborate?

As stated before...I ordered bitter and blanc...it came but with NO sauce

(*they always pour a hot vanilla sauce over it)

I asked...and asked..and asked...for the sauce....

finally I asked an "assistant" waiter...and he looked around and took a little sauce pitcher from another (now empty) table, that still had lots of used plates on it...and brought that over...he poured a "dollup" of leftover sauce on my bitter and blanc

I didnt eat it but did dip my finger in it..it was ice cold

it was from a (dirty) table....a diner there had that yummy sauce poured on their bitter and blanc when it was hot and fresh

for all I know someone could have spit in the pitcher or spit out some food into it ..I was not about to eat that crud

I would like some of you who tell me to "lighten up" to get reused sauce poured on a bitter and blanc

read my Liberty review....we did have a bum waiter (who asked if I would like to lead a nude group cruise, and proceeded to tell us about it LOL)

however, for the most part things went very well on Liberty

My report on the Ocean Resort in Cozumel is very happy one...

but...I want to hear what YOU all would do if you got a shrimp sized lobster and a surly waiter who refused to give you a 2nd one??

what is your expert advice on that??

also..I will say this about myself...I don't write personal attacks on other cruisers here do I ??

FYI : I host a number of events all the time..and have a very large social network

I am able to get along with many many people....hence I do group cruises

I did nothing to these staff members...was not rude to them

they may well be overworked....and they seemed to have a huge resentment against us as a group, something I did have before

I want YOU to tell me how YOU would have solved these various problems??

if you asked for a sauce or lemons and it just would not come? If your steak was overcooked, no sauce, and then you asked for another entree and the waiter got an attitude??

Sharecruises,

I haven't experienced the horrible service like you have on any of my Carnival cruises. I'm not going to jump on you like many others on this forum like to do. I'm sure you had a big responsibility to make sure everything runs smoothly and that can be stressful. I hope your next cruise will be more relaxing and enjoyable.

I think any singles cruise group you may have in the future would enjoy the NCL EPIC much more than any Carnival ship. The EPIC is perfect for singles because of the 128 solo cabins and the great variety of entertainment venues onboard.

While I do support OP's right of review/complain, I never like those "groups" especially when I saw certain areas on ships were blocked and reserved for some groups.

Hello! We are paying passengers too!

I agree. It is very frustrating to try to use part of the ship that is closed to everyone except members of a group.

I agree. It is very frustrating to try to use part of the ship that is closed to everyone except members of a group.

Not sure I have ever experienced an area of the ship that has closed off an area of the ship for use by the group (and I have traveled in groups) other than a club for a meeting (which only lasted an hour...). Can you give me an example?

Next time why don't you just tell Carnival not to book anyone else on the ship, bring your own waiters and cooks and have them rearrange the dining room set up for you?

While you may have some valid complaints, the dog is dead so stop beating it. If you presented yourself to the staff on the ship the way you've written here, I would have the same attitude towards you.

You are not with a wedding group or a Rick Springfield cruise. Those charge much more above the normal cruise fare. If you don't like the single suppliment that is well advertised & you knew about (or should have), don't cruise Cranival for your group.

You may not have enjoyed your experience but many others on your cruise did. So maybe it wasn't the cruise, it was your expectations. Or maybe Carnival is not the cruise line for you and your group.

Debark...

those from out of town did their own thing, some had flights and left early , some did self assist and were driving from port to work haha...so got off early

however..for those of us Floridians who had no reason to rush we stayed on board till the end

I had my gang gather at the dining room...true to form they gave us a hard time but we held out and got 4 tables...group members came in a joined us

we ate leisurely breakfast and I called our drivers ...I was watching the debark and timed it so we would be last off

we were finally kicked out of the dining room but sat comfortable in the promendade , the future cruise cert guy btw was the nicest staff member on the ship , he chatted with us as we watched the masses leaving the ship

final call...and down we go....out the door...no lines left....get our luggage (at that point it was about all the luggage left haha) and wham bam thank you sir and out the door, customs gave a glance to our passports etc and away we go, again NO lines whatsoever

our bus and van were waiting for us and we were off

this is what I do every time...first on, last off

I love the Port of Miami, love the kiosk system, love using a driver

totally stress free way to get on and off the ship

One time on Imagination I was the LAST person off the ship :) This cruise I was in the terminal before some of the brides arrived...I saw them come in with their veils :) They of course boarded first, with the disabled..then me and my group went on , boarding pass one

Love it

and btw..all who cruise with me love the way I get them on and off the ship with NO lines and also save money on shore excursions

the bad stuff that happened was not that apparent to most of them (outside of those targeted by our stalker) but they did have some complaints about our dumb seating at dinner and slow horrible dinner service also the rude wine girl

a few people had bad phones as I did, and some had the tv mounted on the wall which was better

they seriously need to get flat screen tvs and wall mount them

Destiny also needs a change in 'management" and employees I feel

on a happy note...no sewer smell <grin>

Next time why don't you just tell Carnival not to book anyone else on the ship, bring your own waiters and cooks and have them rearrange the dining room set up for you?

While you may have some valid complaints, the dog is dead so stop beating it. If you presented yourself to the staff on the ship the way you've written here, I would have the same attitude towards you.

You are not with a wedding group or a Rick Springfield cruise. Those charge much more above the normal cruise fare. If you don't like the single suppliment that is well advertised & you knew about (or should have), don't cruise Cranival for your group.

You may not have enjoyed your experience but many others on your cruise did. So maybe it wasn't the cruise, it was your expectations. Or maybe Carnival is not the cruise line for you and your group.

wow..that makes NO sense

Not with a wedding...so what?? Our group parties are for OUR group

and part of my "role" is to make sure of that..it is the only fair thing for our group members

not sure what the Rick Springfield group has to do with anything, unlike us they do use certain parts of the ship for their own entertainment (Rick) so what is your point there??

They didn't have to "re arrange" the dining set up for me...they gave us a dining list of where our members would be seated and updated it 3 days before the cruise..all large tables...every group asks for this

NO group wants some members in a booth, some at banquettes and some at a "two top"

I am a bit confused..are you saying that IF I want lemons, warm food, coffee and dessert, sauce on my bitter and blanc and /or a 2nd helping I should bring on my own chefs and waiters?? Is that it??

How did I "present myself to the staff" ...what did I do that made a hotel director kow tow to a "milestone" member and allow him to wreck havoc?

what did I do that made a guy play a horrid hoax on a mother, making her think her (sickly) daughter was in a Florida hospital?

what did I do that made a wine lady refuse to even look in her OWN "folio" and find the slips for late booking guests and/or the "wine slips" for solo cabins that had 2 slips??

Of course I know about the "single supplement">> and our group travel agent does NOT charge a lot above (or sometimes any above) the normal rate...she does do roommate matching....we get perks due to the amount of people we have on the ship

FYI...the extra SOLO supplement is newly added...

the new rules of the 30 day booking window are also new

this group cruise was booked last year, and both the Imagination and Glory

cruises were booked before the rule change

you sound like you don't even know anything about groups ???

As you can see I have been on other cruises, other Carnival cruises, my expectations are not high...

unlike many of you I realize I can't choose a cabin...I get what I am assigned... as a group leader I know I won't be eating in the steakhouse (on 7 night cruise)...I won't be eating at the buffet for dinner, even if I want to, and I won't be doing "anytime dining"

I don't have any food allergies and I am not a picky eater

I would like to have dessert and coffee...is that too much to ask?? a lemon for my (tiny) lobster tail?? any request was met with a nasty surly attitude

I need access to my room phone..and this big tv in front of it made the pone useless

I'm having a deja vu. I've heard this before. :eek:

I'm having deja vu all over again too. This story is too too familiar. But while this one is about a halloween cruise, I could have sworn the others were before halloween.

I have crashed 3 private parties on different cruises 2 on CCL 1 on NCL you just have to keep a low profile it was fun, Free drinks are better than the ones you have to buy.

2nd post here...LOL>> of all the gin joints on this message board you had to find this one this thread and this post to make your debut...hahha

it would be really funny if the cruiselines removed the crashers from the party and took away their booze "rights" for the whole cruise hahaha

I'm having deja vu all over again too. This story is too too familiar. But while this one is about a halloween cruise, I could have sworn the others were before halloween.

hmmm...if this is not of interest to you why read it?

i could swear I see the same type posts about early saver (I don't use it) and other stuff over and over again

I skip over posts about Aft balconies, most cruises not based in Florida (except for Alaska which I would love to cruise) and Camp Carnival and posts about people in scooters or handicapped cabins

see if it does not pertain to me I try to skip it

I do read smoking threads (cause smoke bothers me) and I like to read reviews and also anything about singles, groups, Florida, etc

Aida ships look lovely but I don't read threads about them..I don't speak or understand German

different strokes for different strokes

Archived