Oasis - When do you book shows?

js

When do you book the shows and speciality restaurants for Oasis?

I am not sailing until July 2012 but we want to book a few speciality restaurants and Hairspray/Comedian.

We are a party of 9 people. Would it be a problem booking the restaurants for a party of 9?

Thank you very much!

We are also booked for the Oasis next year, but from what I've been reading, we can't begin booking for those until around 90 days out....

Anyone out there been able to book sooner than that?

LOL, I'm not going until 2012 BOO HOO!

But knowing about 90 days out helps me.

Does it matter if you are Gold, Platinum or Diamond? Or does it open up for everyone at the same time.

Thanks!

LOL, I'm not going until 2012 BOO HOO!

But knowing about 90 days out helps me.

Does it matter if you are Gold, Platinum or Diamond? Or does it open up for everyone at the same time.

Thanks!

Oops...sorry-I didn't see the 2012...I just saw July.

We're going in Oct 2011 and it feels like an eternity away, so I can only imagine how you feel right now....at least it gives you plenty of time to plan!

Just around 90 days for everyone. All the shows are worth seeing. You can book for every couple you are traveling with at the same time as long as you have their reservation number. :)

Edited by janetz

Actual booking says two months out when you click on Entertainment for your booking. Our 1/29 Oasis Cruise allowed us to book the shows 3-4 weeks ago which was almost three months out, but the second week of our B2B starting 2/5 is still not open for entertainment bookings.

Is booking shows unique to RCI or is this just for the really mega ships like the Oasis?

Mega ships like Oasis and Allure have taken on this new feature. You don't have to reserve, but if you do so you can bypass the standby line. You just scan your Sea Pass card at the door of the theater or venue and you're good to go. Those who don't reserve can still get in - they just have to wait a little longer and the best seats may be gone already.

CarRex~ The Oasis of the Seas and the Allure of the Seas are like no other ships on the high seas. You will want to see every show, or at least make your reservation...... if you don't feel like going don't. They have a 10 minute rule..... you don't show up, they'll give your spot away. It is not like other cruises where you go to the early or late showing each night.

The shows are offered at all kinds of different times... afternoon, early eve or later, BUT not every night.

You don't want to miss the Aqua show, or the Ice Show or ANY show. And the Comedy Show is another one to try to see.... go late, get way to end the evening. Ha ha!

Have a great cruise on the OAS!

I was told specifically by RCI that it's 60 days out :(:(

Pretty much the "Company Line" and we know that is not always the case.

I booked the shows for our 1/29/11 Cruise, and I just checked when I did it. Email Confirmation from RCI is dated 10/19/10. About 102 +/- days out from the Cruise.

Here we are about 72 days out from the 2/5/11 leg of our B2B, and shows not available yet. Looks like there is not a lot of consistancy so like others have said, you just have to keep checking by clicking on your booking and then selecting "Entertainment". There it will tell you when and if available yet.

As far as why to book ahead, with 6000 passengers and lots of show choices, etc. you may find yourself wandering about a very large ship looking for one that is available. Unique to Oasis and Allure due to uniqueness of the ships themselves. But choice is yours, book ahead or wing it.

Good Luck either way and enjoy!

Dennis:)

Edited by dennbr9

• 2 weeks later...
We are also booked for the Oasis next year, but from what I've been reading, we can't begin booking for those until around 90 days out....

Anyone out there been able to book sooner than that?

We're on Oasis of the Seas for February 12. We were able to book our entertainment as of Nov 29th. So excited! But I'm just not sure how effective reservations and advanced bookings will be when other people will probably arrive 45 minutes prior to show time and still get seats:eek:. From what I understand. . .seating is on a first come first serve basis.

From my experience from Oasis :

Shows in the Opal theatre usually are not full and if you want to sit in balcony or in the back no reservation is necessary..Also the skating show wasnt full either..Always seats..

If you want a front row seat you should reserve and go early..Aqua theatre was different..If you want a place to sit you must reserve..However the way its set up there are so many view points of the Aqua show if you dont mind standing.

The Comedy show also was full..We saw the show the first night, and wanted to go again near the end of cruise but we couldnt get in..

IMO just reserve all the shows..It doesnt cost anything and if you dont show up its no big deal.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 years later...

Booked on the Oasis O T Sea Jan. 2018. Thx for all the info on booking the shows but I do need some help with my time dinning. All the reviews I have read tells me that Mayb I should have went with a set time dining so I get the same table all the time and wont get switched around all the time. Does anyone have some feedback for me on this subject we will be in rm number 14577 central park area C1

Thanks T&T👍