MTD on Majesty...my experience

Since MTD threads seem to be common, I thought I would share my recent experience with it for anyone who may be interested. People always seem to want to know about reservations, wait times, wait staff etc. so here's my experience; YMMV.

We have always done late seating, but last weekend on the Majesty we opted for MTD, just to see how it went. We did not have any other friends/family on this cruise, so it was just the two of us, and we did not make any advance reservations. We simply showed up each night when we decided we were ready to eat. We don't mind eating with strangers, and in fact enjoy meeting new people.

Night 1: Showed up around 8:30. When asked, we said we didn't mind dining with others, and were immediately shown to a table with 2 other couples.

Night 2: Showed up around 8:00 I think and were immediately shown to a table for 2.

Night 3: Showed up around 7:30, asked again if we minded a table with others, and were immediately shown to a table with one of the couples from Night 1 and two other guys.

I think we had the same waiter two of the nights. We did not request this, it was just a coincidence. All the wait staff were very good. Some people have speculated that since MTD tips are prepaid that maybe the individual waiters don't feel like they are working for anything in particular and wonder if the service suffers as a result, but we didn't find that to be the case at all. All wait staff seemed to do just as good of a job as the set-time staff. The head waiter (waitress) remembered us from night to night, even commenting that "AGAIN you don't want dessert??"

Overall a very positive experience!

We used MTD on the Majesty last month. I made reservations every night and we had the same wait staff the first 2 nights and a different one on the last. The first wait staff still took time out to come and talk to us, asking why we weren't in their section. It was just where the hostess sat us.

I am glad to see that reservations are not needed and that service is good. We are opting for MTD in Feb., for the first time. It just seemed the thing to do, since the first seating is way too early for us, but the late time makes it almost 10pm by the time we are done. Thanks for sharing your experience.

We love MTD. Some nights we were seated at a group table and other nights at a two person, it was our choice. Never had anything but the best waiters although they seem to be more stressed due to ? budget cuts/more tables to serve. We do not like to be locked into a certain dining time so this works best for us...

Archived