Length x Breadth: 223 m X 28 m

Draught: 8 m

Destination: JERVIS BAY

ETA: 2010-11-26 19:00 (UTC)

Received (59): 0h 3min 44s ago

(AIS Source: VK2HIM)

Show Vessel's Track

Distance to...

I shouldnt think so. It will be a lovely sheltered anchorage to enjoy a day on the decks.....even if no one goes ashore.

Isnt this the Comedy Cruise?

yes it would nice in the bay

If you watch the cam the black ball will be lowered from the front mast, once the anchor is up and they are underway.

yes but according ship tracer she is under way.

hope so

Went & had a look at her in Jervis Bay today, what an absolute corker of a day down there.

Could just make her out from Huskisson so we went around to the Pt Perpindicular lighthouse area. Ended up @ Long Beach South & there she was, made us want to hop on one of the jetski's having fun around us & go & try to hop onboard.. LOL, bring on August next year on the Pearl.

Sorry about the pic quality, only had my Nokia with me.

Follow the link to the pix @ Flickr:

27112010092_cr.jpg.47129056b7af6fa9d66f424cf51cc3f9.jpg

27112010090gg.jpg.13c3285330518923606f55542a64d09b.jpg

Went & had a look at her in Jervis Bay today, what an absolute corker of a day down there.

Could just make her out from Huskisson so we went around to the Pt Perpindicular lighthouse area. Ended up @ Long Beach South & there she was, made us want to hop on one of the jetski's having fun around us & go & try to hop onboard.. LOL, bring on August next year on the Pearl.

Sorry about the pic quality, only had my Nokia with me.

Follow the link to the pix @ Flickr:

still very nice photo's

yes has you say very nice day.

She is still anchored in Jervis Bay today Sun 28 Nov and is due back in Sydney tomorrow Monday. Not as nice a day today with showers and thunderstorms predicted but it would be nice, picturesque and calm in the bay

I dont know whether they did or not, but its a shame they did not advertise the fact that the cruise to Nowhere would anchor in a sheltered bay.

That could have made it more appealling to folk who wanted to go on a ship but not run the risk of encountering big seas , or too much of the Motion of the Ocean:D.

I dont know whether they did or not, but its a shame they did not advertise the fact that the cruise to Nowhere would anchor in a sheltered bay.

That could have made it more appealling to folk who wanted to go on a ship but not run the risk of encountering big seas , or too much of the Motion of the Ocean:D.

I agree with they should advertised it but thats P&O dont tell any one any thing.

I am sure they could do lots of 3 day "weekend cruises" and they would be very popular.

Besides Jervis Bay, there is Batemans Bay, Eden,..... any others they could cruise into and anchor within a 1/2 to 1 days sailing from Sydney?

It would sure save wear and tear on the ships:D

Be a great money spinner for P&O as well , as they would have everyone on board spending lots and lots of money.....then they could drop the price of the longer cruises........:eek:

Well ......we can but dream:D

I agree with they should advertised it but thats P&O dont tell any one any thing.

Does it matter where the ship goes when the cruise is advertised as a "Cruise to Nowhere"? Why should they tell anyone in advance where the ship is going? The decision is probably made very close to the time, after considering weather conditions.

We went on a 3-day cruise to nowhere years ago and, although we enjoyed life on the ship, it would have been more interesting to anchor in Jervis Bay where passengers could look at something.

Does it matter where the ship goes when the cruise is advertised as a "Cruise to Nowhere"? Why should they tell anyone in advance where the ship is going? The decision is probably made very close to the time, after considering weather conditions.

Thats what they do on the cruise ship The World......they have a suggested itinerary, but can change it according to the weather conditions and events that may be on.....some days are even listed as , Captains Choice, and he will head off and find somewhere nice to anchor , and enjoy.

We went on a 3-day cruise to nowhere years ago and, although we enjoyed life on the ship, it would have been more interesting to anchor in Jervis Bay where passengers could look at something.

We have been on one of these cruise to no where and never again what a waste if time and money..;)

as for considering the weather conditions, The open sea weather fore casts have very good the last week with near perfict for cruiseing.

Thats what they do on the cruise ship The World......they have a suggested itinerary, but can change it according to the weather conditions and events that may be on.....some days are even listed as , Captains Choice, and he will head off and find somewhere nice to anchor , and enjoy.

On the cruise ship the world yes that happens alot and that is the way that ship works.

THIS ONLY AS A Hypothetical .......................................................................

just think what would happen if P&O or princess started saying that thier cruises that are listed in the books and on line for cruises are only suggested inteneray's.

Hypotheticaly We had booked a 14 night cruise nz and boarded and they told us that they have changed the cruise from nz to Fiji.:D

I wonder what people would say.

Archived