Airfare through Carnival

jolynn84

We leave on our first cruise on 12/26! I am so excited. We booked our airfare through Carnival. I know they said we would know our airfare approx. 21 days ahead of time. Has anyone gotten it sooner? Does Carnival ot travel agent contact us with this info? I am impatient and can't wait to find out our airfare since we are making our Xmas plans as well.

I wish you had checked with this board before you booked air from Carnival. They will choose the cheapest air which could include very inconvenient times and long layovers.

while it is possible to be provided less than desirable flights and at a possible higher cost than if booked on own.....there have been numerous reports of many satisfied passengers choosing to use the cruiselines air/sea dept. And in some cases at lower fares than if purchased on their own. I suspect that because this is a new years sailing, the OP was unable to secure their own airfare at a lower fare or they are new cruisers that will possibly take this as a lesson leared if the flights provided are not the best. But to snapingly say "you should have checked the boards before booking air thru CCL", I think is a tad harsh and premature w/out knowing the whole scenario of the OP.

OP... check with your TA for updates regarding flight info. They should be contacting you to advise of the flight schedules. If you booked direct with the cruiseline, you could call them as well. The flight info should be available soon and appear on your cruise docs after you take care of your funpass

Chances are you are going to arrive just before your cruise leaves... Cruise Lines love to book the cheapest, most inconvenient airfare available. You may get lucky, but you might have been better off booking it yourself, or perhaps flying in a day earlier.

Have fun on your cruise!!

I wish you had checked with this board before you booked air from Carnival. They will choose the cheapest air which could include very inconvenient times and long layovers.

eh, maybe the poster doesnt care what you wish.

We leave on our first cruise on 12/26! I am so excited. We booked our airfare through Carnival. I know they said we would know our airfare approx. 21 days ahead of time. Has anyone gotten it sooner? Does Carnival ot travel agent contact us with this info? I am impatient and can't wait to find out our airfare since we are making our Xmas plans as well.

Well, I don't know where your from or where you're flying into, however, this is what I did the one and only time I went with the Fly Aweigh Program.

I was flying from Seattle to Orlando.

I jumped on Expedia and check the flights.

Now, you can kind of figure out which flights are most likely going to get you there, especially if flying the same day. Knock out any flights arriving too late to allow you to make the ship. You can also be assured that the flights will most likely be on a major carrier.

Anyway, I broke it down to 4 flights, on 2 airlines.

I waited till late at night when the reservations number would be at a slow speed, I then called the airline. NICELY explained my situation and EXPECTING NO HELP,,, they were able to find my reservations.

Things to note:

1. The airline does not have to do this. (How do they know who you are)

2. If you used a TA, the TA should be giving you this information

3. The cruiseline only buys the travel tickets. The cruiseline does not reserve seats for you. Either you or your TA must do this.

When we booked our November cruise in May. We received an email with our flight info. a few days later from " Travel Services Dynamic Air DeskTSAirDesk@carnival.com. I would think that this was standard procedure. Maybe this email went into your "junk" folder.

You can keep checking "My Documents" and eventually, your flight info will show up there. If you are really concerned, call someone. There is a flight booked for you - and you can check into it.

We've only been on 2 cruises, and have booked both times through Carnival, and had no problems that they were responsible for. For our frist cruise, we were delayed in Montreal, not because of weather, but because there wasn't enough groundscrew for the number of planes departing / arriving. We made the ship - with very little time to spare. This time, everything was fine!

Thanks everyone. I didn't know about the board before I booked. But I did check airfare prices before I booked and because they are around Christmas they are/were sky high. We also live in Minnesota so with the weather I wanted to make sure I didn't miss my first cruise!

We booked our flights through Carnival when we sailed in October and we had no problems at all. My main concern was having only 45 minutes on the way there to get from one flight to another (we flew Toronto to Washington DC to PR) but it was fine; we had to speed walk through the airport but it was no big deal. On the way home we had a 2 hour layover in Chicago - again, not a big deal. By the time we got off the first plane, wandered around for a bit and grabbed a bite to eat, we really only had about 30 minutes of down time before we were back on a plane again. Our flights were booked ages before our cruise, I think in April or May, and when my mother in law looked up the same flights on United (which is who we flew with round trip), we paid about $400 a person less - definitely no complaints there!

did you pay for the air diviation which gives you somewhat of a better control.

with the diviation you could get flights the day before--incase of problems it gives you somewhat of a better leeway

I would use Kayak to see what flights are available.

Thanks everyone. I didn't know about the board before I booked. But I did check airfare prices before I booked and because they are around Christmas they are/were sky high. We also live in Minnesota so with the weather I wanted to make sure I didn't miss my first cruise!

Don't think that just because you got air from the cruiseline, that you can't miss your cruise. Neither the airline nor the cruiseline guarantees that you'll hook up with the ship if your flight is cancelled or delayed.

Don't think that just because you got air from the cruiseline, that you can't miss your cruise. Neither the airline nor the cruiseline guarantees that you'll hook up with the ship if your flight is cancelled or delayed.

Sorry, I was looking for the Carnival disclaimer regarding their Fly Aweigh program. Here it is:

Liability and Relation with Airlines.

If, due to any cause beyond our control, we are unable to arrange for air travel (for example, because of capacity controls placed upon us by airlines due to the types of fares under which we book), or the air travel we arrange is unavailable or otherwise fails to materialize, our liability will be limited to refunding the air add-on amount paid to us. We assume no liability for any acts or omissions of any airline, including, without limitation, those involving cancellation of flights, schedule changes, reroutings, damage to or delay or loss of baggage, flight delays, equipment failures, accidents, pilot or other staff shortages, overbooking or computer errors. The liabilities and obligations of an airline to you, and your rights as an airline passenger, are subject to any and all terms and conditions of the airline's ticket and tariffs.

Found under Carnivals FAQ

Archived