Hand-carried luggage on cruisetour

Ricky Chan

Has anyone who had joined pre or post Australia cruisetour encountered hand-carried luggage restriction problem?

I just read the guide book and it states that "wheeled carry on cases that are used as carry-on luggage on airlines are too large and are not suitable as hand-carried luggage on motorcoaches throughout Australia."

We will be taking a 5-day pre-cruise landtour and we can't carry a wheeled carry on luggage? It just doesn't make sense to me. The bus has no storage room underneath the floor like those in North America and Europe? :confused:

Any feedback?

Ricky

I just read the guide book and it states that "wheeled carry on cases that are used as carry-on luggage on airlines are too large and are not suitable as hand-carried luggage on motorcoaches throughout Australia."

We will be taking a 5-day pre-cruise landtour and we can't carry a wheeled carry on luggage? It just doesn't make sense to me. The bus has no storage room underneath the floor like those in North America and Europe? :confused:

Any feedback?

Ricky

If the information you have gotten about your tour states that no wheeled carry on luggage (as you would take on a plane) is allowed, I would go with what it says. It sounds as if you will have to store your carry on right inside the bus with you and there isn't enough space for those larger wheeled carry ons. Usually, the information they give you is what you need to go by. Which would mean a small duffle you can stuff in the overhead compartment.

What you are used to here in the US is not necessairly what you will find being used in AU. Enjoy!

We were on a January, 2010 Princess tour of Australia followed by an eleven day cruise on the Diamond from Sydney to Auckland. We had one large suitcase on the tour which was carried in the belly of the bus. The bus was the same type of large tour bus seen on any tour of North America or Europe. My wife and I each had a carry on. My carry on was an 18" wheeled suitcase. There was room for the carry on in the belly of the bus. My wife had a smaller carry on which we actually carried on. Before the tour started they asked everyone to leave one large suitcase which was sent directly to the ship. It got to our stateroom before us. Both the tour and the cruise were fabulous.

Mongo12

We were on a January, 2010 Princess tour of Australia followed by an eleven day cruise on the Diamond from Sydney to Auckland. We had one large suitcase on the tour which was carried in the belly of the bus. The bus was the same type of large tour bus seen on any tour of North America or Europe. My wife and I each had a carry on. My carry on was an 18" wheeled suitcase. There was room for the carry on in the belly of the bus. My wife had a smaller carry on which we actually carried on. Before the tour started they asked everyone to leave one large suitcase which was sent directly to the ship. It got to our stateroom before us. Both the tour and the cruise were fabulous.

Mongo12

But are you sure this is the same tour being taken by the OP?

I think Princess runs three different tours of Australia. The tours are either m four or five days with slightly different itineraries. We took the tour that included a flight to Cairns for a visit to the Great Barrier Reef. Hope this helps.

Mongo12

But are you sure this is the same tour being taken by the OP?

What does "OP" means?

Our landtour includes one night in Ayers Rock, one night in Alice Springs, and two nights in Cairns to visit Great Barrier Reef.

Does "belly of the bus" means storage room underneath the seating floor like we have in North America and Europe?

Ricky

What does "OP" means?

Our landtour includes one night in Ayers Rock, one night in Alice Springs, and two nights in Cairns to visit Great Barrier Reef.

Does "belly of the bus" means storage room underneath the seating floor like we have in North America and Europe?

Ricky

The Original Poster of the thread.

Yes the storage outside below the seating area on the bus.

Archived