Beer Question

floorman

I think on the Sun two weeks ago a bucket was $28 including the 15% automatic tip that's added. That included two 16 ounce bottles of Bud, two Newcastles, and two Dos Equis. They are no longer charging a $5 deposit on the bucket. Otherwise, beers were $4.95 for most, $4.25 for a few, plus the 15%.

I'm looking at some of my receipts right now from our cruise on the Pearl Nov 7-14th

Bucket of beers was $28.46 for 3 Bud Lights and 3 Miller Lites (16oz. each in aluminum can)

($4.95 x 6, minus $4.95 for 6-for-5 promotion, plus $3.71 auto-gratuity)

This did not include a $5.00 charge for the bucket and attached bottle opener which you get back when you return it. It was not on this receipt because it was a reload of the same bucket that we were already charged for beforehand on another receipt.

We actually kept this bucket and used it as an ice bucket in the room for the rest of the cruise and turned it in on the last night for the $5.00 credit back on our bill.

Two mojitos by the pool in a fishbowl glass were $19.55 including auto-gratuity. (Don't do this.)

A Captain Morgan & Ginger Ale at the Spinnaker Lounge was $5.75+$0.86 auto-gratuity=$6.61

Two at once came to $13.23.

Last time I was on NCL, the soda card was $52.50 for the week.

Hiya

We due on the Jade in Jan - with the soda card, can this be bought for one or do both of us sharing the cabin have to purchase...

I'm taking my 19 year old brother on a cruise and the soda card would be perfect for him as he rather strangley doesnt drink alcohol...!

Thanks

on the STAR last December to the Panama Canal...they ran buy one beer get one free several times...hubby ended up with 3 buckets...you couldnt afford not to drink with those prices-Bud Light/Coors

and then on the Jewel in January it was buy 5 get one free...so different specials i think for each sailing.

soda card is $6.25 per day but must be purchased first day for the entire sailing--1 week/2 weeks.--if you drink more than 3 cans of soda its worth it....but you can carry on some soda too!

soda card is $6.25 per day but must be purchased first day for the entire sailing--1 week/2 weeks.--if you drink more than 3 cans of soda its worth it....but you can carry on some soda too!

What if you brought some soda onboard (they only have Pepsi products and I would rather have Coke), but let's say I ran out after 3 days, are you saying I couldn't purchase the $6.25 per day for the rest of the cruise? :confused:

As for the beer, some are cheaper than others for some reason - but it is buy 5 get 1 free usually. There is a jug of draft sale also one day - I think it was Miller Lite - $13 or something like that.

I'm looking at some of my receipts right now from our cruise on the Pearl Nov 7-14th

Bucket of beers was $28.46 for 3 Bud Lights and 3 Miller Lites (16oz. each in aluminum can)

($4.95 x 6, minus $4.95 for 6-for-5 promotion, plus $3.71 auto-gratuity)

This did not include a $5.00 charge for the bucket and attached bottle opener which you get back when you return it. It was not on this receipt because it was a reload of the same bucket that we were already charged for beforehand on another receipt.

We actually kept this bucket and used it as an ice bucket in the room for the rest of the cruise and turned it in on the last night for the $5.00 credit back on our bill.

Two mojitos by the pool in a fishbowl glass were $19.55 including auto-gratuity. (Don't do this.)

A Captain Morgan & Ginger Ale at the Spinnaker Lounge was $5.75+$0.86 auto-gratuity=$6.61

Two at once came to $13.23.

GREAT information!!! Thanks!!!

Archived