Anyone from UK booked onboard and changed?

Hi

Just wondering if any UK passengers have booked their next cruise onboard then changed the booking? ... we were told we can book, get discounts and change free of charge up to 70 days before the sailing to any cabin/another cruise .... it is not all it seems according to our experience and just wondered if we got unlucky?. Would love to hear your experiences!

Many thanks

Hi

Just wondering if any UK passengers have booked their next cruise onboard then changed the booking? ... we were told we can book, get discounts and change free of charge up to 70 days before the sailing to any cabin/another cruise .... it is not all it seems according to our experience and just wondered if we got unlucky?. Would love to hear your experiences!

Many thanks

For US bookings what you have said is true, unfortunatly the UK has a whole different set of rules.

In that case we have been conned! They almost let us book the "make up your mind later" deal until I pointed out it said it wasnt available for all nationalities only US and Canada. They assured me that for UK we could book any cruise and change it so it was worth doing to make our saving! however they now want to charge us to change it! it has left a very bitter taste in my mouth as it would actually have been cheaper to book through our TA so is a complete con! This will be our 10th cruise with RC but the first time we have taken "advantage" of this offer. Humph

I had 3 future cruise quotes when we were on Celebrity Eclipse ( 4th Oct)which is under the RCCL umbrella.

I was told that I could make 1 change up to 30 days after booking, which included a cancellation free of charge. This had been done, as they were not getting Southampton passengers booking cruises, due to the loss of deposit if a cancellation was made.

In the event, I did not make a booking, as I found that the future cruise agent made mistakes on the quote, eg: she quoted a round trip flight to Heathrow on a cruise from Southampton.

I also like to ring various TA's before I book & would prefer not to fly from Heathrow, which she was basing her quotes on.

At the time, Celebrity were changing Itinnaries & have since radically extended cruises in Europe by up to a month for 2011, so if I had booked a Transatlantic for example, it would have been changed, which would not have fitted in with other commitments.

Hi

Many thanks

In the UK the rules are if you are booked and want to change ship/date you pay £75pp (max of £150 per cabin).

If you cancel it is at loss of deposit £150pp.

Next cruise - whereby you put down a deposit and then can book 'anything' has not been available outside the US since it was introduced. I have not heard this has changed.

I booked on board this year, but I had to say that I was more knowldegeable then the agent. He was very nice and helpful but didn't seem to understand that the T's and C's for Europeans is different. We are happy with our lot but you need to be definite before you book as it costs to change and you are often booking for a long time out in the future.

Archived