Dreamworks on the Radiance?

Sen

Unfortunately, not on Radiance, but on the following ships.............

dw-sail_far_far_away-subhdr.gif

dw-blue-dot.gif

On Allure of the Seas as of December 1, 2010

dw-blue-dot.gif

On Oasis of the Seas as of February 26, 2011

dw-blue-dot.gif

On Freedom of the Seas as of March 27, 2011

dw-blue-dot.gif

On Liberty of the Seas as of January 30, 2011

Learn more about Ships offering the DreamWorks Experience!

I bet that will change since Dreamworks will draw a lot of tourists and especially in the children range. I wouldn't be one bit suprised if they started marketing the smaller vessels.

I don't see that happening. RCI knows that not everyone wants to be around this type entertainment which is why they added to the four largest ships in the fleet which were designed for families. The Radiance class was not.

Finding this tread late. I was wondering about the partnership with Dreamworks and comparing it to DCL. No characters expected or wanted on the smaller ships but I wondered about the movies.

On DCL you can watch Disney first run movies in their theatres and on the cabin TV. Many smaller RCCL ships have a theatre of some sort or at least pipe movies into the cabin, right?

RCCL Dreamworks references on the website mention "first run" movies. So I pictured Dreamworks released movies being available to RCCL fleetwide. Doesn't seem hard to do but maybe not part of the deal.

I bet that will change since Dreamworks will draw a lot of tourists and especially in the children range. I wouldn't be one bit suprised if they started marketing the smaller vessels.

God I hope not, Radiance and its sisters are less family friendly without all the bell and whistles of the big ships and should stay that way. I don't want to sail with Shrek.

God I hope not, Radiance and its sisters are less family friendly without all the bell and whistles of the big ships and should stay that way. I don't want to sail with Shrek.

I bet the only ships they'd even consider adding Dreamworks characters would be the ones with parades. I still hope first run movies get piped to the cabins on the smaller ships.

RCCL Dreamworks references on the website mention "first run" movies. So I pictured Dreamworks released movies being available to RCCL fleetwide. Doesn't seem hard to do but maybe not part of the deal.

I'm just off the Radiance. They were showing the latest Shrek movie in the movie theater and on stateroom TVs. Radiance Class has really nice stadium seating movie theaters.

The other movies they were showing last week were Valentines Day, When in Rome, and Iron Man 2.

I'm just off the Radiance. They were showing the latest Shrek movie in the movie theater and on stateroom TVs. Radiance Class has really nice stadium seating movie theaters.

The other movies they were showing last week were Valentines Day, When in Rome, and Iron Man 2.

Thanks for that info! I hope Radiance gets to keep the movie theater after drydock. Majesty lost the movie theater in the big rennovation of her. Not sure what moved into the space if anything.

Thanks for that info! I hope Radiance gets to keep the movie theater after drydock. Majesty lost the movie theater in the big rennovation of her. Not sure what moved into the space if anything.

I didn't know that Majesty lost the Movie Theater, but then again, I don't watch movies on ships especially 3/4 night ones.:D

We had a great photo with "Puss-N-Boots" taken on the pre-inaugural Allure cruise last week, well worth the $19.95.

I would prefer they NOT and I repeat NOT put Dreamworks on any other ships then the 4 they have it on already. I work with a ton of kids at home, I go on ships, as well as sail at times of the year where I won't see many kids. I'm on vacation, I don't need a reminder of work while on vacation!

I don't want Shrek either. I might change my mind when I have grandchildren but then I would choose the larger ship.

I would prefer they NOT and I repeat NOT put Dreamworks on any other ships then the 4 they have it on already. I work with a ton of kids at home, I go on ships, as well as sail at times of the year where I won't see many kids. I'm on vacation, I don't need a reminder of work while on vacation!

What do you mean by "put Dreamworks" on the ships? Highly doubtful they would put characters on the ships smaller than Freedom class. Would Dreamworks movies in theaters and staterooms be a drawback? Especially, if like Disney&DCL relationship, you could watch a movie just released on land?

Archived