seafood buffet

inkboy95

I went to the seafood buffet on the Crown in September, and thought it was awful. Tiny lobster claws (no tails); dry, over-cooked breaded shrimp; etc. I had a hard time understanding what the hoopla was all about. I realize food is very subjective but to me, it was unappetizing and... pitiful.

Been a couple years since i sailed princess (out playing the field i guess) but now were back.Just wondering if the they still have the seafood buffet on the first night ?:confused:

If available, it is nothing like it used to be a few years ago. So, be prepared for a very small seafood offering at the buffet, if there is one on your sailing. ;)

On our Ruby Cruise in February it was fun to pick up a plate of shrimp, lobster claws and smoked salmon to have with drinks on the balcony before dinner. All were good for a nibble, but not worth passing up the dining room for. We were late trad diners and ready for prime rib at 8.15.

Just to put my two cents in; I never liked the seafood buffet, even when it was new. I am not a fan of frozen crab legs of any kind. They are usually mushy and too salty. I have only had them once when I thought they were good. Don't get me wrong, I love crabmeat and even enjoy picking blue crabs, especially steamed with Old Bay. Shrimp, well, you can have them in any form anywhere. Lobster in a buffet? Ew.

I have experienced the decline of the lobster tail dinner in the MDG. Our first cruise in 2004 was a perfectly presented and cooked warm water tail. Then came the smaller tail and two prawns. I have to say that since then, I prefer the prawns. They have always been wonderful as opposed to the sometimes rubbery tail.

Archived