Lots of cabanas

cru1s1ng

:confused: I've read on many posts how the cabanas on half moon cay fill months in advance. I was just looking at the shore excursions for my 3/31 maasdam cruise, and it seems none of the cabanas are rented. Computer glitch? Anyone know anything I don't about this particular date?

I wonder if they ever discount these. I checked, and maasdam is the only ship there that day. Also, there are LOTS of cabins left on this sailing. I can't justify the 219$ for one (solo this time) but if they'd pro-rate it I would buy it in a minute.

We noticed that very few are rented for our upcoming Zaandam cruise as well (3/12/05). I know the reason WE aren't renting one is because our day on HMC is cut so short (waaahh) - 7 am to 2 pm - I know I probably won't get over there until around 9 am and have a hard time justifying the cost for such a short stay. HOWEVER, if we were going to be at HMC for the whole day and sailing at 4 or 5 pm, I'd be in one like a june bug on water!

TinaLee

Just spoke with shore excursions. The agent expressed surprise that there were so many cabanas unbooked, so she made a call to the 'manifest agent'. They said there is nothing special going on that day. I asked about pro-rating (can't hurt to ask ;) ) and was told "no". Probably just as well, given it is really only a half-day. I'll call again when it gets closer to 3/31.

:confused: I've read on many posts how the cabanas on half moon cay fill months in advance. I was just looking at the shore excursions for my 3/31 maasdam cruise, and it seems none of the cabanas are rented. Computer glitch? Anyone know anything I don't about this particular date?

My husband and I are going on the Maasdam 3/31 cruise and I booked a cabana on February 7th.

Hi! Glad you got that straightened out. It's nice to hear we are going on the same cruise. I remember when the clam shells were free!! You just had to be on the first tender and then a fast walker to get one! I also remember when HMC was brand new and all the shrubs were tiny. What a riot.:)

I have never kept a record or diary of our cruises but it must have been five years or so ago. Does anyone remember when Half Moon Cay opened? They had not even finished constructing all the buildings when we were there the first time. I love HMC and wish we stopped there two times on all of HAL cruises.

Archived