Looking for a hotel with free cruise parking in NOLA

bike1964

Hey neighbor. You from st Louis?

We are considering going on the Norwegian Spirit in Feb (went the same time last year) and I have been reading about these hotels that offer free parking and shuttle service. We have sailed out of NOLA several times, but we have never done a "stay and park" deal. I am assuming they just raise the hotel room rate to compensate for the parking fees?:rolleyes: So, are you really getting a deal?

https://secure.stay123.com/cruise-results.php?airport=198&day=7&month=2&year=2011&adults=2&children=2&rooms=1

I have not stayed in this hotel but we did use this site to book our hotel in Ft Lauderdale and were quite happy with it, anyhow this is the only hotel that comes up for free parking that we could find in New Orleans, Holiday Inns are hit and miss, maybe check trip advisor they usually have plenty of hotel reviews there :)

We are staying at the Marriott Convention Center. Its just across the street from the port. The rate we got was $159, for one night, plus up to 7 days of valet parking. They don't shuttle you across the street, but we're either going to walk or have my husband drive us across the street. Our cruise is next week!

We are going to try to Superdome HI for our cruise and the price isn't bad since your staying a night AND parking the vehicle...the rate is only 10 bucks more I think than 7 nights in the parking garage. It may not be the best of the best hotels but it will do for the night since I don't want to chance driving in the day of.

Iv stayed at the Holiday Inn. It is dated, but the price is right. There is a shuttle that leaves every hour for those who are scared of the neighborhood. You can ask to be dropped off anywhere in the area last time I was there. I have it booked again for Dec 15th.

What I liked over Drury (Drury has fabulous rooms and $35 for parking for the length of your cruise if you want to pay a little more) .. but Drury you park out in the open and Holiday Inn you are in their gated parking garage.

There is a good reason Iv found when most CC members say they stay at certain hotels, the price is right including parking. Drury is everyone's favorite .. the rooms are huge, black marble when you enter and raised ceiling to the windows over 20 ft tall. .. but the price which included parking is better at Holiday Inn, so thats where we are later this month.

Iv stayed at the Holiday Inn. It is dated, but the price is right. There is a shuttle that leaves every hour for those who are scared of the neighborhood. You can ask to be dropped off anywhere in the area last time I was there. I have it booked again for Dec 15th.

What I liked over Drury (Drury has fabulous rooms and $35 for parking for the length of your cruise if you want to pay a little more) .. but Drury you park out in the open and Holiday Inn you are in their gated parking garage.

There is a good reason Iv found when most CC members say they stay at certain hotels, the price is right including parking. Drury is everyone's favorite .. the rooms are huge, black marble when you enter and raised ceiling to the windows over 20 ft tall. .. but the price which included parking is better at Holiday Inn, so thats where we are later this month.

I'm glad to hear the parking is a gated parking garage , I didn't know what it was. I prefer that with our vehicles but I'm sure I can't convince dh to drive his truck instead anyways lol. Thanks for that info!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My family will be cruising out of NOLA on 4/23 on the Triumph. Just wondering if we'll have trouble finding a hotel for the night before the cruise, given that it's Spring break, etc.? We'll be driving in on the 22nd and hoping to stay the one night and have free parking while on the cruise. Any suggestions? We'll be coming along with a group of 8 other families, who will probably be in the same boat (no pun intended) as us! Thanks

A few years ago (2006) we were able to park on Harrah's Parking Garage for free (figure of speech). All you had to do was use your players card and play slots for a minimum of 30 mins and get your garage ticket stamped that day. So we dropped off our luggage at the port, parked at Harrah's, played for about a hour, got card stamped and walked back to the pier throuth the Riverwalk Mall. Got back a week later, went and got car out of garage with no problems even though card was stamped no issue with dates. I don't know if anyone's tried it recently, but that sure was convenient and we ended up get a room on our return through Harrah's at the Doubletree for about $75. Maybe you can check ahead and call and ask how much is their parking and hint at is there a way to get free parking? Don't mention how long you'll be parked.

Archived