Daycare/ Baby sitting?

ashley0826

I have been hearing different things about day care and babysitting for the Liberty of the seas. I know they have baby sitting in rooms for children 6months-3 but I have also been told there is a group day care service. I'm trying to figure out what is true. Apparently customer service doesn't know. Also if you have used the sitting service how did you like it? Did you feel you could trust those people that were sitting for you. I'm just concerned about my toddler. Thanks so much!

In room sitting is for children 12 months old and up. Most ships have this, though availability can change from time to time, depending on staffing issues. It's $12 per hour, and they send two sitters, per company policy.

Oasis and Allure currently have nurseries for 6 mo-3 years at $8/hour -- you need to sign up for hours at Guest Services after boarding. Depending on how many babies are on board, there may be a limit to the hours available to any one child. Liberty will add this in late January, Freedom will add it in late March, and Radiance and Splendour will get nurseries later next year.

I'll come be your Nanny and take VERY good care of your little one. ;) I have never taken my kiddos on a cruise (much to their dismay), so I can't help much other than to offer my services. Heck, I'll even watch 'em for free... just get me onboard. lol

Enjoy your trip.

I'll come be your Nanny and take VERY good care of your little one. ;) I have never taken my kiddos on a cruise (much to their dismay), so I can't help much other than to offer my services. Heck, I'll even watch 'em for free... just get me onboard. lol

Enjoy your trip.

My mom said the same thing...wish we had the cash. No we really won't to involve him as much as possible being that this is a family vacation but daddy and I need a bit of us time as well. I'm just paranoid about a stranger coming into my room.

Just be prepared. There was a thread a while back that the op said the was no sitting availible at all on her cruise and she was vary upset about it.

Happy Cruising.

I was one of them. Here's my thread: http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1291638&highlight=babysitting

and this one is from the Family board (my resolution is posted here): http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1211168

And one other:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1301317&highlight=babysitting

We sailed on the Explorer and were okay, but I don't know if anyone has a recent report on the Liberty for you. I much would have preferred a service that did not involve staying in our cabin, but the staff were fine and we did what we could.

If you are looking for service in the daytime, it might be harder to secure a reservation as the staff are all working already in the daytime. You would also need to decide ahead of time if you want to allow staff to take your child outside of the room - I would not have felt comfortable about that, and although we just used the service at night and it wasn't an issue, I would stipulate that if you don't feel comfortable.

Get a stroller and start encouraging your little one to nap in it - that way you can get an extra few hours during the day when you can relax a bit. Also, make sure you come check out the family boards for ideas for on the ship.

Good luck!

Archived