rcl freedom vs carnival dream

farmersescape

We have booked RCL Freedom for Mar 6 but I am now wondering if I should have booked the Carnival Dream for March 5. The kids are 5 and 7 and those waterslides look awesome. I just like the layout of RCL ships and feel like it might be a better product, but can upgrade the room on carnival and again the waterpark. Need help and don't want to ask the other boards because the opinions are so swayed by which board you are on. Thanks!

First of all, there is no real wrong choice here.....

Carnival is a "fun" ship and I had a great time on the Glory. Water slide was fun and kids seemed to enjoy the pool area. I am not sure about all the amenities on the Dream so i cannot comment any farther on this one.

Freedom does not have a water slide (I was on its sister ship the Liberty) but it has an amazing H2O zone for the kids that looked like so much fun I wanted to go and play. It was a real water park area by the pool. RCL also had a great kids program on board that I have been told is a bit better than Carnival.

Check the reviews here for the Dream. It is Carnival's largest ship now and I undersatand there are LONG lines for things - like the buffet. They added another deck of cabins but did not enlarge most of the public areas to meet the number of all the new passengers on board.

A lot of Carnival ships have great water 'things' - even the 'older' Fantasy Class have water parks, not just a slide.

Haven't been on RCL for a while so can't comment on what they have.

We have booked RCL Freedom for Mar 6 but I am now wondering if I should have booked the Carnival Dream for March 5. The kids are 5 and 7 and those waterslides look awesome. I just like the layout of RCL ships and feel like it might be a better product, but can upgrade the room on carnival and again the waterpark. Need help and don't want to ask the other boards because the opinions are so swayed by which board you are on. Thanks!

I have not been on the Dream but have been twice on the Freedom and I'm about to book a third.

I agree with another poster, the kids area is really neat and looks like a lot of fun. Plus you have the Flowrider, rock climbing wall, a really nice putt-putt course, ice skating rink and a great kids club.

The Freedom is an awesome ship!!!!

Have not cruised with RCL but my parents only cruise with them. I have been on The Dream and the slides really are amazing, but I'm not sure I'd book just because of a slide. If you do go on The Dream, go for a cove balcony cabin!

One thing that never gets mentioned is that the lines for all the attractions have long lines and wait times. The flowrider was always at least 25-30 min for your turn. I have seen the waterslide lines very long also. This kind of sucks the life out of trying it more than one or two times. Also the putt putt is mostly a joke on anyship. The rock wall is kind of cool to do once, but thats about it..

Archived