Booking Next Cruise while onboard??

RMM34667

I am looking at a RCCL Med cruise for October 2011. But never sailed RCCL. My plan is to book this cruise BEFORE xmas.. but I want another cruise much sooner. I was thinking maybe I should book the 5 day western caribbean for January (see how I like RCCL and the ship) and book while on board.

What perks does RCCL offer for Future Cruise Credits, or for booking while on board? Reduced deposits? OBC??

Any info is appreciated!

Looking at Navigator of the Seas for 10/23/2011.. and 1/29/2010.

thanks

If you are going on the Navigator, you might want to look for another cruise on a voyager class ship. That will give you an idea of what to expect on the European cruise. Just did Voyager of the Seas western Med. in Oct. Wonderful experience. I have also cruised with Princess twice = Diamond and Ruby. Enjoyed them very much. I would say they were similar, but just a cut above RCL The little things, toiletries,chocolates, a little better food. I do like RCL and have sailed on her many times. Voyager class being my favorite (don't skip the ice show, but wait until one of the last showings to avoid the crowds - first one is usually packed)

I'm pretty sure you have to become a Crown and Anchor member to get the benefit of booking onboard. And I'm pretty sure you can't become a C&A member until you complete your first cruise so in that case, there's no real benefit, but I could be wrong. You also have to "join" C&A and get your number. We didn't book onboard until our second cruise so we were already in C&A. After that the benefit is OBC (amount depends on the length of the cruise). There are also other benefits (coupons and discounts based on status).

We almost always just get a "Future Cruise" - Same perks as booking on-board (room credit, reduced deposit) but good for any RCCL ship at any time we decide (they used to expire after three years but now they're good forever).

And you now have to be a Crown & Anchor member to book onboard, however, I think they will bend the rules and allow you to join while on-board.

And you now have to be a Crown & Anchor member to book onboard, however, I think they will bend the rules and allow you to join while on-board.

I know things could've changed in the last year, but my mother took her first RCCL cruise on Oasis last December and she was able to book her "next cruise" while onboard. All she had to do was fill out the Crown and Anchor information at that point.

Archived