Melbourne Transfers

purrlinda

Does anyone have any recommendations on port to airport transportation in Melbourne? Flight is at 12PM, and Princess won't book transfers unless flight is after 1215PM. I'd like to have something reserved as opposed to waiting for a taxi.

Thank you!

Melinda

Melbourne has a great bus transportation system (Skyservice), but I believe they only provide transportation between airport and hotels. We used them and they were very efficient and reasonably priced.

Southern Cross Cars was recommended on Tripadvisor. Their website is www.vha.com.au. You may want to check out their site.

Hope this helps.

There are several private limo services if you don't want to take a taxi. Make Google your friend.

I am more concerned about your tight schedule. Are you taking an international flight? If so, you are cutting it too close for comfort IMO.

Take a taxi from the pier head at Station Pier where you will arrive in Melbourne to SOUTHERN CROSS Station Coach Terminal (City) in Spencer Street between Bourke and Lonsdale Streets. SKYBUS to the Airport at Tullamarine departs from there every 10 minutes EXPRESS to the Airport .

Taxi time Pier to Southern Cross Station Coach terminal allow 20 - 25 minutes; SKYBUS to Airport allow 30 minutes Off Peak / 45 minutes Peak times.

If it were me, and I got that taxi I would take it all t he way to the airport. the time spent changing may well be precious time. It will cost more but will waste the least time. Only other idea would be a car service in advance.

Our newly elected state Govt has at long last promised a direct train line from the centre of Melbourne to the airport. The taxi companies and long term parking people don't like it but the rest of us say BRING IT ON!!!!!

And I agree with Moyaroo - if you are taking a taxi you may as well go straight to the airport rather than waste time transferring to a bus at Southern Cross. The fare should be around AU$65 give or take. Remember you don't have to tip.

Archived