How do you get out the wrinkles from your clothing...

Char32

I turn on the shower as hot as it will go, hang the garment on a hanger, place the hanger on the hook on the door, close the door. I wait approximately 5 minutes. Usually the wrinkles have fallen out.

I just did this for the first time on my last cruise. I was amazed at how well it worked.

:) Most cruise lines also ban clothes steamers along with travel irons. I roll all my clothes (mostly are knits, anyway). DH's formal shirts are packed flat in plastic ziplock bags on the bottom of suitcase. Also, the cargo

section on planes is usually freezing cold so your clothes

probably will be fine. As another poster mentioned -- the

ship's laundry service is quite good --- you are on vacation -- the laundry charges are "peanuts" compared to the cruise fare you paid. Relax and enjoy yourself.;)

LOVE wrinkle release spray! I usually buy the store brand, though. DH and I have a ritual- after we get dressed, we take turns spritzing each other with it. By the time we're ready to walk out the door, the wrinkles are gone!

The wrinkle release sprays work moderately well, but give them time to dry if you use them, don't wait until right before you are ready to get dressed.

Wrinkles are cause by compression, either too much or not enough. You want to pack so your clothing is not squished, yet not so loosely your clothing can shift and settle.

Rolling clothes is reported to be a great method, I've never perfected it but I do roll items like knit T shirts sometimes. I also roll items like pj's, underwear, bathing suits and put those in a compression bag (where you squeeze the air out).

I prefer packing into a large garment bag rather than a traditional suitcase. We have one large enough for all our formal clothing plus most of our other dinner wear, it is large enough for a weeks worth of clothing. Everything is put into its own dry cleaner bag, that method keeps the wrinkles at bay better than any other method I've ever used.

We pack a second, traditional suitcase and in that I use a packing folder for casual shirts and shorts, cubes for other things and fill in the gaps with socks/shoes or any other items that will fit.

I carry a small steamer yet rarely use it. The wrinklespray is fine for a crease or two, but don't expect a well pressed look from it.

Archived