celebrity concierge class breakfast menu

Vegas Lobster

I was told the menu on the TV was for the entire ship...it had eggs to order (scrambled, sunny, over light, and soft or hard boiled), as well as bacon, ham, hash browns, hot oatmeal...that's all I can remember.

One odd thing, the eggs are ordered in pairs of two, but not every menu says that. One morning I ordered two poached and two fried...you guessed it, we got four breakfasts. I'm sure the butler was thinking what glutenous Americans we were until he cleared our untouched extra plates.

I am confused. I thought that only CC and higher got full breakfast - meaning hot items like omelets, pancakes etc, the rest it was a continental breakfast selection??? But from a few of these responses, I am wondering if everyone can get more extensive breakfasts in their room. It is the main reason I pay for CC, so if I was wrong, I will save the money one the upgrade next time...

Full hot breakfast in any cabin - although only CC and up have a larger table on the veranda and only suites have a larger table in the cabin.

Here is a link to a menu from a 2C veranda cabin from a past cruise: http://simon-pics.smugmug.com/Cruises/Cruise-Ship-Rooms-and-Features/Menus-and-Information/4467773_J9pi2#838449448_AykqC

While it only has scrambled eggs and a plain omelette you'll have no issue writing in other types of eggs or omelette ingredients and other standard breakfast fare. The in-cabin room service instructions say you can order anything offered on the dining room menu during the hours the dining room is serving from it - just ask your room steward in advance for a copy. And as another benchmark you can easily order anything from the CC menu (see above or my photo site) except for the two categories marked "Concierge Class"

Now with all that said the more exotic you get the worse service can be during the busy room service breakfast hours on busy port mornings. The worse are mornings on Europe cruises like Rome or Florence when 90% of the people on board are getting off the ship around 7 or 7:30 and have less time for breakfast in the buffet. Also, in my experiance if unless you have a butler and want a nice hot breakfast you're better off in the buffet or dining room.

• 3 weeks later...
We are taking an excursion where we have to pack our own lunch. Is it possible to order lunch to go and get it early in the morning?

You can't really order anything 'to go' per se, you can order something from room service and bring your own zip lock bags and have a to go lunch. You will likely see a few people saying that isn't allowed, but I think they are confusing this with the policy of not bringing any food off the ship at the end of the cruise when you go through customs.

You can't really order anything 'to go' per se, you can order something from room service and bring your own zip lock bags and have a to go lunch. You will likely see a few people saying that isn't allowed, but I think they are confusing this with the policy of not bringing any food off the ship at the end of the cruise when you go through customs.

Actually it is related to the laws of the country you are entering. From the Cancun Airport website:

As a rule of thumb you are allowed to bring into Mexico whatever you need for the time period you will be staying in Mexico. You are not allowed to bring food, fruits and/or products that are not "company" packed and sealed. And if you are bringing food or products they are allowed only if you need them because of a special diet or for medical reasons.

When you're on the ship and presumably have cleared customs, are you bringing food into that country? Or is the food already in the country (remember you've cleared customs) so you can carry it around with you?

I really don't know the answer here but the above is the argument for not bringing food off the ship with you.

Actually it is related to the laws of the country you are entering. From the Cancun Airport website:

When you're on the ship and presumably have cleared customs, are you bringing food into that country? Or is the food already in the country (remember you've cleared customs) so you can carry it around with you?

I really don't know the answer here but the above is the argument for not bringing food off the ship with you.

Ory, when you clear customs, you are no longer on the ship. It is the last thing you do after the cruise is over. You don't have to go through customs in each port.

The cc menu is looking good. Love having breakfast on the balcony without having to do hair and makeup. Not a morning person so this is a huge luxury to me. Yummy! Jan 8 is almost here...and I am ready to go. Merry Christmas everybody! Ours is white!

Ory, when you clear customs, you are no longer on the ship. It is the last thing you do after the cruise is over. You don't have to go through customs in each port.

Not trying to derail the thread or get in an argument, but my understanding is that the ship clears customs at each port - you're entering a foreign country after all. Just because you don't have to stand in a long line doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I would expect there is a copy of the passenger list given to each country and that's enough for them.

Just got off Century. Always loved Celebrity French toast so looking forward to the CC French toast sticks. First morning -- no OJ, and instead of French toast sticks 1 piece of the driest French Toast imaginable. Not to be deterred, ordered it again and circled "sticks." May have been given the same piece of French toast the next morning.

To add to the experience, I ordered iced coffee (never a problem in any cabin before) and was charged for an iced drink from Cova...

On the upside, the buffet has wonderful Scottish eggs benedict :).

Concierge class menu

Here's that expanded room service menu. The main difference is you can get fresh squeezed juices and smoothies at no additional cost, where if you go to the dining room or you are in a regular cabin, you have to pay.

ConciergeClass Signature Dishes

___Granola Berry Parfait

___French Toast Finger with Marmalade Butter

___Baked Bananas

___Scrambled Eggs with Fresh Asparagus Spears

___Sunrise Fritata

ConciergeClass Smoothies

___Mixed Fruit Smoothie

___Strawberry Smoothie

___Blueberry-Watermelon Smoothie

___Omega 3 Smoothie (prepared with Soy Milk)

Freshly Squeezed Juices

___Orange ___Grapefruit

___Pineapple ___carrot

Chilled Beverages

___Tomatoe ___Cranberry ___Apple

___Fresh Milk ___V-8 ___Prune

___Skim Milk

Fresh Fruits

___Honeydew ___Cantaloupe ___Banana

___Kiwi ___Pineapple ___Grapefruit

___Orange ___Mixed Fruits

Yogurts

___Plain ___Strawberry

___Blueberry ___Mixed Fruits

Cold Cereals

___Corn Flakes ___Raisin Bran ___Special K

___Oat Bran ___Total ___All Bran

Hot Cereals

___Oat Meal ___Grits

Eggs To Order

___Scrambled ___Fried ___Poached

___Boiled: __Minutes

Omelets

___Plain ___Cheese ___Mushrooms

___Ham ___Fine Herbs ___Smoked Salmon

___Western ___Onion

Omelets can also be prepared with

___Egg beaters or ___Egg Whites (please check)

From The Griddle

___Bacon ___Link Sausage ___Ham

___Low-Fat Chicken Sausage ___Canadian Bacon

___Corned Beef hash ___Hash Brown Potatoes

Pancakes

___Plain ___Buckwheat

___Banana ___Blueberry

Served with maple Syrup

Pastries & Muffins

___Assorted Danish ___Croissant

___Blueberry Muffin ___Bran Muffin

From The Bakery – Assorted Bread & Rolls

___French Bread ___Plain Bagel

___Multi-Grain Bread ___Onion Bagel

___English Muffin ___egg Bagel

___Soft Rolls

Toast

___Whole Wheat Toast ___White Toast

___Rye Toast

Preserves & Spreads

___Strawberry ___Marmalade ___Lt Cream Cheese

___Blueberry ___Honey ___Salmon Spread

___Blackberry ___Butter

___Raspberry ___Margarine

COLD CUTS

___Salam ___Danish ham ___Black Forest Ham

___Smoked Salmon

Hot Beverages

___Coffee ___Decaffeinated Coffee

___Black Tea ___Earl Grey Tea

___Darjeeling Tea ___English Breakfast Tea

___Herbal Infusion (__Mint __Chamomile)

___Hot Chocolate ___Hot Milk

___Green Tea

Service Hours 6:00 Am To 11:00 Am

Service Time Requested _________

Guest Name _______________________________

Stateroom Number________

We sailed the 12th and memory is a bit hazy - the aqua room service menu

did not have french toast w marmalade, asparagus scrambled eggs or poached eggs on it. We did get poached by writing it out. They also did not serve it on the balcony with a white tablecloth and a flower. No matter

we switched to the Blu breakfast which was marvelous.

You wrote:

We are taking an excursion where we have to pack our own lunch.

Have never seen this before, and since it goes against all the warnings we have been given about taking food ashore, I'm curious -- what excursion at which port states that you are to take your own lunch, please?

• 2 months later...

I have to tell you that my wife and I both were very unimpressed with the smoothies (and that's an understatement). We tried 2-3 different kinds while in a CC cabin on Eclipse a couple of weeks ago. We make fresh fruit smoothies at our house for breakfast almost every day, and my wife often gets them at places around town (Planet Smoothie, Smoothie King, etc.). I'm not slamming those people who say they like the ones on X, but in our experience, we didn't like any of them. They weren't cold. They tasted mushy and/or they had to be chewed.

I love X, and we are sailing it again at the end of the year. But, if your idea of a smoothie is similar to ours, you won't be happy with them. Hopefully you will have a better experience.

Archived