What's the Worst Thing that could Happen to your Suitcase?

Sargent_Schultz

What kind of stars do we get if we were subject to five or more of the listed transgressions?

Have you ever seen a baggage truck drops its load and circle back to retrieve the bags and roll right over them. Every time I see the Southwest baggage handlers on their new commercial I want to scream. Don't dance just take care of my luggage.

I've got another one that's also not on the list. How about a five gallon caramel container busting above my suitcase in the cargo hole! Even Delta gave up on that one and replaced my new Boyt 26 incher along with substantial dry cleaning charges.

I've had a bag totally disappear off the face of the earth but the desk agent ended up doing jail time for her misdeeds. I was just one of many. They got her fingerprints off my bag tags. That was one of those FLL deals with the empty suitcases found at a dumpster.

I pack EVERYTHING in plastic bags. Those XXL Ziplocks are great. One trenched suitcase is one too many.

I'm not even a really frequent flyer, that's the sad part.

Have you ever seen a baggage truck drops its load and circle back to retrieve the bags and roll right over them.

At one of the airlines I worked for the lost&found department had a suitcase which was flat and dented in the middle with a gigantic tyre track over the middle. It had been run over by an airplane. They used it in staff training to explain situations where you have to be generous and understanding to the passenger.

The other day I noticed something laying on the ramp behind a parked aircraft as my plane backed out. It was a bag that had obviously fallen off a trailer. I watched as about 10 different baggage guys drove past the bag without stopping. I could not believe that just one person would take 10 seconds to pick up the bag and get it out of the way. Kind of sad, really, but maybe it's against union rules to give a s#!t.

Great link. thanks for posting. DH and I just checked in for a flight. since we got business class upgrades, the airline employee tried to convince us to use the free checked luggage, but we keep our carry ons with us. Reading that website makes me extra glad we have our essentials with us.

Number 10 luggage left on the tarmac in a storm in Atlanta actually happened to us. There was a big storm, and all the flights were delayed. When we finally arrived at our destination and I opened my luggage things inside were damp! A new book I planned to give as a gift was wet. Luckily most of my clothes were in Pack It bags.

I filed a claim on my return flight. The clerk in the baggage claim area said she was denying my claim, saying the problem was my luggage. (It was softsided.) One of the airline employees said it happened to her. I didn't pursue it, as it was only a book. I have tried to avoid Atlanta!

Archived