Solar panels missing from Allure

bajathree

Here is the link to the article pertaining to the solar panels on Oasis http://www.bizjournals.com/southflorida/stories/2010/01/18/story10.html

The very last paragraph:

BAM, which has its main office in Jacksonville, beat out global competition to get the job, and Sweeting expects a similar installation on the Allure of the Seas, the sister ship to the Oasis that’s currently under construction.

“I think it’s quite likely that all the ships in the Oasis class and Solstice class will have solar panels,” he said.

Read more: Solar panels juice up Royal Caribbean’s Oasis of the Seas | South Florida Business Journal

Steve,

When you take a close look on the top of the Viking Crown Lounge you can see the first panels mounted already in the front area. You can also see that there are some "lines" covering the whole top. I´d say those are the "carriers" for the future panels.

steamboats

Steve,

When you take a close look on the top of the Viking Crown Lounge you can see the first panels mounted already in the front area. You can also see that there are some "lines" covering the whole top. I´d say those are the "carriers" for the future panels.

steamboats

I saw those couple small ones in the front.....but I think the larger ones would of already been installed by now if they were going to put them in. If you read the article of those on Oasis they were installed while in Turku and the voyage over. Wonder if they decided to take a $750,000 savings and not install them:confused: Remember when Oasis was being built and gas was hitting close to $5/gal "Green" was the "in" thing....that's all you heard....not so much anymore now...price of fuel has dropped and they may not feel the return is there right now.

I saw those couple small ones in the front.....but I think the larger ones would of already been installed by now if they were going to put them in. If you read the article of those on Oasis they were installed while in Turku and the voyage over. Wonder if they decided to take a $750,000 savings and not install them:confused: Remember when Oasis was being built and gas was hitting close to $5/gal "Green" was the "in" thing....that's all you heard....not so much anymore now...price of fuel has dropped and they may not feel the return is there right now.

Oasis had half the panels installed while in turku and during the voyage, the rest in FLL. See pic below of Oasis arrival

OasisAeriaL440.JPG

Allure did not arrive with any panels, see below

_MG_7437.jpg

One would assume that the panels were in the process of being installed while the shot of the two ships was taken. We just need another aerial shot to confirm :D

Oasis had half the panels installed while in turku and during the voyage, the rest in FLL. See pic below of Oasis arrival

OasisAeriaL440.JPG

Allure did not arrive with any panels, see below

_MG_7437.jpg

One would assume that the panels were in the process of being installed while the shot of the two ships was taken. We just need another aerial shot to confirm :D

It could be.....that's what I am curious of....HOWEVER...that is not what the article read about the installation of Oasis's panels....but a picture does tend tell more a true story than words.

I noticed this a while ago and am surprised I haven't seen any posts mentioning it.....the solar panels on Allure are missing from atop the Crown Loft Suites:confused:

Take a look:

Good eye Baja. I downloaded that picture and made it my computer wallpaper. While daydreaming about our upcoming cruise I noticed this too. I wondered if they had issues with heat or something and perhaps that is why they weren't on the Allure. You and Richk have offered maybe more viable reasons though.

Another small detail I noticed....those large recessed areas on Oasis right on each side of the stacks that are painted blue...almost looks like a swimming pools from above....are painted tan instead on Allure....just another little way these ships can be identified from each other from an overhead view.

Another small detail I noticed....those large recessed areas on Oasis right on each side of the stacks that are painted blue...almost looks like a swimming pools from above....are painted tan instead on Allure....just another little way these ships can be identified from each other from an overhead view.

Yep, and the far aft stack on allure is all white while oasis is grey and white.

Also different graphic on those tall columns on the side of the Mast and Sky Bar that lead up from deck 15 holding that wing.

That reminds me... you cant see this difference from the air, but i thought it was pretty cool. You remember on the Sports pool, the two statues of the overwight people diving into the pool on Oasis? Well on Allure, they still have statues but they are thin/athletic people. haha, i thought that was a nice touch.:D

If you count in all the differences in design you come up with hundreds of differences :D. Speaking of the pools: there are two Romero Britto pieces at the Beach Pool. I love the pearl dresses in the aft elevator area. Promenade Café has different seating areas and a better laid out self service area for coffee/tea. The Jazz on 4 club is nicer too. I also like the tree motive in the Viking Crown Lounge. DH tried to sum up all differences and he´s somewhere between 60 and 70 (not counting every different piece of art).

steamboats

That reminds me... you cant see this difference from the air, but i thought it was pretty cool. You remember on the Sports pool, the two statues of the overwight people diving into the pool on Oasis? Well on Allure, they still have statues but they are thin/athletic people. haha, i thought that was a nice touch.:D

lolol..... thats funny:D

If you count in all the differences in design you come up with hundreds of differences :D. Speaking of the pools: there are two Romero Britto pieces at the Beach Pool. I love the pearl dresses in the aft elevator area. Promenade Café has different seating areas and a better laid out self service area for coffee/tea. The Jazz on 4 club is nicer too. I also like the tree motive in the Viking Crown Lounge. DH tried to sum up all differences and he´s somewhere between 60 and 70 (not counting every different piece of art).

steamboats

My wife LOVED the dresses in the aft lobby. Those two britto pieces were a nice touch on the beach pool. We loved the fish and got a small fish trinket bowl thing from the gallery. I have never been on the Mariner but i would like to see how he did the pool deck there.

I got some of the Britto cats (two teabag holders and a Christmas ornament).

steamboats

Awesome! I had never seen his artwork before, he has some great peices. very colorful and fun! i was surprised that there were peices that were not crazy expensive, my wife got a full size fish wallet for $37 or somthing. not bad at all!

i was surprised that there were peices that were not crazy expensive

That´s something Romero Britto is in with: Art should be for everyone and for everyone´s purse! So he has really expensive unique and signed pieces. But he´s also selling piece of art for everyone. I think those tea bag holders were $8.95 and the glass ornaments $16.95. I also liked the paper coasters or placemats. I have to admit that the trolleys were out of my budget ($300 something).

steamboats

Archived