Tip Question

COLOMBIA

Here is a direct quote from the Costa cruise catalog: "Tipping is a personal matter, and your own judgment is the best guide. For your convenience, Costa will automatically debit your cashless account for the following gratuities for services rendered per person per day." They then go on to tell you the amount for each person and it totals up to $8.50 per person per day.

However, they add this note: "Should you wish to change the amount, contact the Guest Relations Desk". That last statement leads me to believe that you can either change the amount, or delete it completely, and then give gratuities that you feel you want to give. At any rate, before you decide on anything, go to the Guest Relations Desk and check it out.;)

If you want to completely take care of the tipping, you may contact the Guest Relationship desk on deck 2. They will take care of it for you.

We stayed with the $ 8.50 per day per person but tipped additionally to our waiter, room steward and butler.

Tips have acutally decreased. Before the change it used to be $ 3.50 per day for the waiter, $ 3.50 for the room steward, $ 2 for the assistant waiter and 1.50 for the Maitre'D if I remember correctly.

Andy

We also gave a little something extra to our cabin steward and waiters. I don't know how well the crew are paid, but I would prefer to give any extra gratuities to them directly, rather than do it through the cruise line, who would then have an official record.

Tips for children were half the adult tip. When we got the statement we thought it was a mistake but we called the desk and were told childrens tip were half. We tipped waiter, cabin steward x-tra. If your in a suite don t for get you butler their tips are not charged to your account.

Archived