Tips for Kids

CaptChris

I have never taken a Disney cruise, or a cruise with my kids. My parents, sister and our family are planing a Disney cruise in September of 2006. I am planning the budget and am wondering if children's tips are prorated, or are they the same rate as adults.

I would appreciate any help on this subject.

They are the same as adults. In all honesty your cabin steward and servers will work harder with your kids than they will with you.

Personally we felt the "minimum suggested" was pitifully low based on the service we received compared to a landside restaurant, and tipped everyone at least 150% of the suggested, a couple people got double.

Our som was in the teen club and we brought prepaid phone cards for each counselor, as they are not allowed to accept cash gratuities.

Anne

Everybody pays the same tips and almost everyone leaves a little extra for the service on the Disney ships. The dining staff is great with kids and they're great with adults, too :) . The tips are just a suggestion, but you can adjust up or down according to the service you receive. You might also drop a note or an evaluation if someone does a really great job....

Be sure to book your cruise early! Disney works on a tiered-pricing system and the best prices go to those who book first. Since they only have 2 ships, and its Disney, space goes fast and they don't need to discount the prices to sell the ship. Booking at the last minute doesn't pay much any more.

Best Regards,

Julia

Archived